2015 Subaru Forester Consumer Review: Early warning to potential buy

2015 Subaru Forester - Consumer Review

Early warning to potential buyers.
By bendriving on

2015 Subaru Forester 2.5i Premium PZEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Want to warn potential buyers of two issues, either of which makes us regret we got this car.
First, the ride is rougher than a Model T rumble seat.
Yes, I've been there.
Every road you thought was smooth turns into an uncomfortable roller coaster ride.
I don't know what the car's designers were thinking.
Second, using a thin pillow on the rock hard passenger seat disables the air bag.
The manual's answer is for people who need a pillow to sit in the back seat.
So, hopefully not, but if your mate has a medical issue, they're supposed to ride in the back seat.
The 2007 Forester we traded in was a far superior vehicle.
Test out the '15 on various roads!

Maintains value well, so if this jolter doesn't mellow soon, we'll get at least something for it when trading for another car.

Remove the ridges on the hood to be able to see the car's front corners when parking.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review
By dt63944
on 08/13/14 15:38 PM (UTC)

No idea what you are referring to. First, our Forester (2014 non-turbo) has never ridden "rough", although that is subjective. Second , the passenger seat feels exactly like the driver's seat - and that's not subjective, they are exactly the same, although again whether the driver and passenger seat are "thinly padded" is subjective. There may be some memory foam pads that may help. Third, I looked through the manual and nowhere does it state that people with medical issues should sit in the back seat or anywhere else in the car. It's always a good idea to (1) test drive a car and (2) read the owner's manual online before purchasing a car; the manuals are available now from most manufacturers.

By bendriving
on 08/20/14 02:31 AM (UTC)

Good points. 2015 Forester Owner's Manual: p. 1-50 2. Make sure that the front passenger does not use a blanket, seat cushion, seat cushion, seat cover, seat heater or massager, etc. 3. If wearing excessive layers of clothing, the front passenger should remove any unnecessary items before sitting in the front passenger's seat, or should sit in a rear seat. So one subjective interpretation would be if one takes his mother who has bone cancer to the oncologist, and she needs a cushion, she sits in the back seat ... or another interpretation, use another vehicle. Both front seats of our vehicle have the same firmness. The computer doesn't seem to care if the driver uses a pillow.

By jaki1001
on 08/02/16 20:58 PM (UTC)

Agree with bendriving! Just traded in our 2016 Forester! Most uncomfortable car I have ever owned. And, yes I did test drive it. I should have done more research re comfort issues with this car. The passenger seat is too high and not adjustable. I felt like I was sitting on a stool. Did not pay enough attention to it when test driving because I was driving! Big mistake.