2015 Subaru Forester SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Subaru Forester SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Forester model:

2015 Subaru Forester Overview
By tjpillar

2015 Subaru Forester SUV 2.5i Premium PZEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

My wife and I test drove the; Mazda CX-5, Honda CR-V, Toyota Rav4, Nissan Rogue, and Ford Escape. In honesty the smoothness of the ride is probably tied for second with the Rogue losing to the Rav4. Does that mean its a bad ride? No! The Forester has a stiffer "sporty" suspension system but it was much better than the Escape and CR-V. The interior of the Forester is really great with materials and comfort of the seats front and rear. The outside noise isn't too bad to be honest, but I would say it could be a little quieter. There is plenty of space for all individuals. The sound system really is pretty nice especially since it wasn't upgraded or anything. The Forester has a lot of pep for a four cylinder engine with decent power to accelerate when you need and takes hills really well. When it comes to space within the Forester there is plenty for cargo and seems like tons with the back seats folded down. Whats super great is the minimal blind spots! You have such a wide back window and side windows with almost no obstruction to your vision and the side mirrors are located on the door to enhance viability of your surrounding. Subaru did a really good job on the Forester with safety (Look up the crash tests on YouTube if you don't believe me) compared to all other CUV's. Standard AWD is a great feature especially for those with crazy winters. My biggest "gripe" If we want to even call it that is the infotainment system. Talk about a pain having to put each contact from your phone in one at a time, yeesh. Most cars sync with your phone once your in the vehicle. Overall, the Subaru Forester is comfortable especially on long drives. Has great get up when its needed. Gas mileage is good! HWY from Southern California to Phoenix got me 32.9 mpg and back was 33.4 mpg (don't hear me complaining about that. Also we love how in the Forester there isn't an "ECO" button that chokes and compromises the car like the Nissan Rogue, Subaru just made a fuel efficient vehicle with decent power. Sound System is great! If you haven't at least test drivin' it to expand your options, you should as my recommendation. Yes we're at 11k mileage with a ways to go, but hey reliability right? EVERY company has a lemon once in a while, but I have talked to a LOT of longtime Subaru owners and they have all stayed Loyal and loved their cars except 1.

need leg warmers =)
By Tom Hayer

2015 Subaru Forester SUV 2.5i PZEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

our first subaru was a 2010 forester and we were quite happy with it so we bought a new 2015 forester and almost every thing is fine except 2problems.. 1. kinda minor,, the clock, blue tooth for phone and other tech stuff is complicated for non-tech person of age =( 2. when riding in the ohio winter weather and the heater is on , from the knees down to my feet,, both sides passenger and drivers side it feels like there are holes in the "fire wall" as our legs are COLD..... I am very disappointed with our dealer service department because they tell us there is nothing wrong.. well I assume they have it in a service garage and not out on the road moving,, so of course the mechanic (in the heated garage) can not feel a problem.. I will call and have to drop it off again for them to look at,, very inconvenient for us as we both work,, this is our 2nd forester and our son is on his 3rd subaru sedan in 5 years... I just wish there service department and the subaru company them selves would take these things serious before we get our next one.... Any one else having these problems ??????? our first

Five months of ownership
By manuel garcia

2015 Subaru Forester SUV 2.5i PZEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

In five months I have put over 11,000 miles. It is a limited demo model had 5000 mile when bought. The main reason I bought the forester and not the rav 4 or the crv was the seats, especially the driver's seat. It is very comfortable yet firm. I hope I am not jinxing my car but so far the vehicle runs great.

Japanese Volvo
By paul

2015 Subaru Forester SUV 2.5i PZEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

This car is well thought out size & space wise. The ride& handling is quite good. Interior is well thought out both size & layout of controls. I drove this car for several hundred miles & the seats are very good. The engine had enough power for the flat terrain I live in, the test will be in the very hilly & snowy area my son lives in.

Perfect combination between performance and price
By Martin Nunez

2015 Subaru Forester SUV 2.0XT Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I have been leasing 8 cars in the last 11 years. I like sportiness and performance. Since my doctor and my business pushed me to have an SUV, I could not find any great balance among performance, price and utility until I found the 2015 Subaru XT touring. I do not like turbo lag. I had a 2013 BMW X1, an 2015 Acura RDX and a 2012 Sorento EX V6. All three are very good vehicles but in terms of design and utility. But, on performance they have their cons. BMWs suffer from turbo lag, engine thinks 2 seconds before the turbo kicks in, cargo space is minimal. The RDX engine is great but the transmission is hesitant when you need to pass a car. Sorento V6 is good but power decreases on high RPMS and is consumes more gas among all (17mpg) . I was hesitant on the CVT when I tried the XT. Previoulsly I had an 2008 Impreza WRX and a 2011 Legacy GT Turbo that were great on power but both had manual trasnmissions. Acceleration on XT is excellent specially on S1 and Sport Sharp mode. There is no turbo lag. I've got 6.4 seconds from 0 to 60. Same as the X1!! 0-60 Times were 7.3 for the RDX and 7.1 for the Sorento. Forester XT acceleration is linear and no hesitation at all. I am very happy, visibility is excellent, have double cargo space than the X1 and same as the RDX. Premium sound is great ( Harman and Kardon 400 watts), Power tailgate and navigation are efficient. Nothing is perfect: Seats are hard and not supportive enough. Bluetooth sync with phone is delayed sometimes. Backup camera screen is too small and no blind spot system. In summary if you need great performance on an SUV and good space you do not need to spend 40k or more on a small BMW such as X1 o X3, Audi Q5, RDX or Sorento V6 (smaller, pricier and less powerful). I wish in the future we can have more colors available such as ferrari red or neon blue for the XT.

• SUV