2015 Subaru Forester SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Forester model:
Amazed by the technology!
By srkeegan on 12/15/14 12:46 PM (PST)

2015 Subaru Forester SUV 2.5i PZEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Living in Reno, I do a lot of driving in the Sierra and snow. You couldn't spin this car out if you tried. The AWD has always been amazing in Subarus. It blows away my 2010 Rav4, which I have since gotten rid of. Beyond that, I couldn't believe how much technology they have put into the lower end models like mine. The cruise control automatically slows down to a safe distance if a car turns into your lane in front of you. Warns if you are leaving the lane. Knee airbags. Plenty of clearance for deep snow. Elongated moonroof. Spacious. MPG computers a lot like my Prius. Excellent Bluetooth features. No blind spots. Easily the safest car I've ever driven.

Dont get the hype
By zaclette on 12/02/14 06:04 AM (PST)

2015 Subaru Forester SUV 2.5i Premium PZEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I have owned a lot of cars. I moved to the Subaru after some German car woes. Overall the car is decent, but it feels very cheap for the pricing. Secondly the gas mileage is not what it is cracked up to be. Around town the Sub has great manners, 24 MPG in suburbia. The visibility and access are great. Errands are done with ease, great for getting the kids in and out. On flat highways it does well too; however in a recent jaunt through the mountains the car struggled to keep pace with traffic with significantly diminished gas mileage (17 MPG)....worse than my wife's full size luxury SUV.

Bad inside
By mark405 on 11/19/14 18:05 PM (PST)

2015 Subaru Forester SUV 2.5i Touring PZEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This is what I don't like inside my Subaru Forester 2015. I have it 2weeks . The two vanity mirrors has no lights. The seats are to small and hard.Console is to small and set to far back between the seats.Passenger seat up to high no adjustment to bring it down.Buttons on passenger door don't light up and back doors to.Trunk light not bright enough.Dash is rough hard to wipe clean.Front windshield not top tinted. When sun comes in you can't see out.Car locks don't lock by themselves you have to lock doors. Glove box has no light.when you get eyesight it takes away the eye glass holder.screens are to small. Back up camera should beep. More to follow next week.Good luck if you buy this car.

Happy with my 2015 XT
By wnydriver on 09/12/14 06:28 AM (PDT)

2015 Subaru Forester SUV 2.0XT Premium 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

1 month in, 2600 miles so far no regrets with my 2015 Subaru Forester XT Premium. My overall fuel economy since purchase says 26.8 mpg. I've had full tank reports of as high as 33. I mostly run mid-grade (89) and throw in a tank of premium every third fill up or so. In short you can get really good mileage if you drive conservatively. It does drop off pretty fast if you like to get into the turbo frequently. But even on tanks where I've "played" more, I still was in the 24+ mpg overall. I love the turbo power when I need it. Car is very comfortable for a CUV. Visibility is the best of an CUV in my opinion.

Better than expected
By oldfield1 on 09/08/14 10:09 AM (PDT)

2015 Subaru Forester SUV 2.5i PZEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This is a very good car. Easy to drive, comfortable, roomy, and feels solid and well made. Mileage has been 29mpg combined road, mountain, and town driving. The CVT responds quickly and works very well (the engine is a little too peaky for a manual). The car turns in and transitions well on curvy mountain roads. It is actually fun to drive being taunt and predictable. Long highway trips are no problem, and neither are washed out, muddy, and rutted farm and mountain roads with the high ground clearance and real 4wd. I would buy a Forester again in a heartbeat as it has been a better all around car than I thought possible, certainly in its price range.

Transmission lacks proper low gears
By spiffmaster on 08/29/14 21:24 PM (PDT)

2015 Subaru Forester SUV 2.5i Limited PZEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This is our fourth Forester. The 2015 version is typical in ride and noise levels. The x-mode is a notable addition for low speed difficult conditions. However, for descending in dry, wet or reasonable snowy conditions the transmission is very poorly designed. The L shift is not adequate for good control and there is no L2. Excessive use of the brakes is required for control. The x-mode is not useful in these conditions because it cuts out over 25mph and it is necessary to slow to 12mph to restart it. If you live in a hilly or mountainous area this vehicle may not be suitable for you. We are disappointed and will trade it in for another manufacturer.

2015 Forester 2.5i Premium
By soysauce on 08/26/14 13:11 PM (PDT)

2015 Subaru Forester SUV 2.5i Premium PZEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

We have had our new Forester since late April and have almost 6,000 miles on it. We narrowed our choices down to this Forester and a 2014 Toyota RAV4. The selection boiled down to the dealer giving us a good straight up price as compared to the Toyota dealer wanting to play the negotiation game (e.g., pay cash, it will cost you more). This is our third Subaru. The build quality seems a little less than previous years, but still good.

Love my Subaru!
By scottimus1 on 07/17/14 10:17 AM (PDT)

2015 Subaru Forester SUV 2.5i Touring PZEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This is my first Subaru vehicle, and I am very satisfied with the car! It has surpassed my expectations (not an easy thing to do.) It is very comfortable, quiet, and handles better than I expected for a small SUV. The CVT transmission is quick to respond. Performance for the 2.5 litre engine is better than expected. Fuel economy is better than stated by EPA, averaging 27-30 MPG in mostly city driving.

Early warning to potential buyers.
By bendriving on 07/06/14 22:19 PM (PDT)

2015 Subaru Forester SUV 2.5i Premium PZEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Want to warn potential buyers of two issues, either of which makes us regret we got this car. First, the ride is rougher than a Model T rumble seat. Yes, I've been there. Every road you thought was smooth turns into an uncomfortable roller coaster ride. I don't know what the car's designers were thinking. Second, using a thin pillow on the rock hard passenger seat disables the air bag. The manual's answer is for people who need a pillow to sit in the back seat. So, hopefully not, but if your mate has a medical issue, they're supposed to ride in the back seat. The 2007 Forester we traded in was a far superior vehicle. Test out the '15 on various roads!

Exactly what I need
By bbq4 on 06/24/14 07:00 AM (PDT)

2015 Subaru Forester SUV 2.5i Touring PZEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I keep seeing reviews of this car, saying that it is too spartan. To be honest, I only need that and nothing more. There are things that regardless of money, you simply can't find anywhere else aside from the Forester and those things are: easily the best visibility of any vehicule I've ever driven; best AWD system, best fuel economy for an AWD compact SUV, best safety rating in its class, among the most spacious compact SUV, having among the biggest panoramic sunroof. For those reasons alone, I'm extremely happy with my purchase! Honestly, I don't want to pay more for a name or for gadgets that would not make a difference if there's a snowstorm outside and that I needed to go somwhere.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.