2015 Subaru Forester - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Forester model:
Gas Hog & Dangerous
By deetee3 on 09/29/14 10:07 AM (PDT)

2015 Subaru Forester 2.5i Touring PZEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I just bought this car. After driving Subaru's for 25 years I thought this would be the car to have. Wrong. This car is a total gas hog. The transmission has a real safety issue. The automatic transmission does not slow the car down... it kicks out of gear instead. My old Subaru stayed in gear when I backed off the throttle and slowed the car down on ice. This new Forester requires breaking to slow the car. The last thing you want to do on ice is hit the breaks!

This One Checks All the Boxes
By jag21979 on 09/27/14 19:51 PM (PDT)

2015 Subaru Forester 2.5i Touring PZEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Let me start off by saying that I'm thoroughly impressed by the Forester. I moved up from the Legacy to give my family some more room & functionality. I enjoy fishing & camping, & this vehicle can take me there, & do so very efficiently. I don't think the vehicle is sexy & won't turn heads, but it's very handsome & clean looking. The interior is simple, yet functional & enjoy the simple straight-forward design and easy to use controls. The Forester is comfortable and roomy, although I wish the seats offered more cushion. Not too many negatives...I wish Subaru would change the way they allow the user to control the A/C, if you own one you know what I mean. Great vehicle, great value!

Happy with my 2015 XT
By wnydriver on 09/12/14 06:28 AM (PDT)

2015 Subaru Forester 2.0XT Premium 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

1 month in, 2600 miles so far no regrets with my 2015 Subaru Forester XT Premium. My overall fuel economy since purchase says 26.8 mpg. I've had full tank reports of as high as 33. I mostly run mid-grade (89) and throw in a tank of premium every third fill up or so. In short you can get really good mileage if you drive conservatively. It does drop off pretty fast if you like to get into the turbo frequently. But even on tanks where I've "played" more, I still was in the 24+ mpg overall. I love the turbo power when I need it. Car is very comfortable for a CUV. Visibility is the best of an CUV in my opinion.

Better than expected
By oldfield1 on 09/08/14 10:09 AM (PDT)

2015 Subaru Forester 2.5i PZEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This is a very good car. Easy to drive, comfortable, roomy, and feels solid and well made. Mileage has been 29mpg combined road, mountain, and town driving. The CVT responds quickly and works very well (the engine is a little too peaky for a manual). The car turns in and transitions well on curvy mountain roads. It is actually fun to drive being taunt and predictable. Long highway trips are no problem, and neither are washed out, muddy, and rutted farm and mountain roads with the high ground clearance and real 4wd. I would buy a Forester again in a heartbeat as it has been a better all around car than I thought possible, certainly in its price range.

Transmission lacks proper low gears
By spiffmaster on 08/29/14 21:24 PM (PDT)

2015 Subaru Forester 2.5i Limited PZEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This is our fourth Forester. The 2015 version is typical in ride and noise levels. The x-mode is a notable addition for low speed difficult conditions. However, for descending in dry, wet or reasonable snowy conditions the transmission is very poorly designed. The L shift is not adequate for good control and there is no L2. Excessive use of the brakes is required for control. The x-mode is not useful in these conditions because it cuts out over 25mph and it is necessary to slow to 12mph to restart it. If you live in a hilly or mountainous area this vehicle may not be suitable for you. We are disappointed and will trade it in for another manufacturer.

2015 Forester 2.5i Premium
By soysauce on 08/26/14 13:11 PM (PDT)

2015 Subaru Forester 2.5i Premium PZEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

We have had our new Forester since late April and have almost 6,000 miles on it. We narrowed our choices down to this Forester and a 2014 Toyota RAV4. The selection boiled down to the dealer giving us a good straight up price as compared to the Toyota dealer wanting to play the negotiation game (e.g., pay cash, it will cost you more). This is our third Subaru. The build quality seems a little less than previous years, but still good.

Love my Subaru!
By scottimus1 on 07/17/14 10:17 AM (PDT)

2015 Subaru Forester 2.5i Touring PZEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This is my first Subaru vehicle, and I am very satisfied with the car! It has surpassed my expectations (not an easy thing to do.) It is very comfortable, quiet, and handles better than I expected for a small SUV. The CVT transmission is quick to respond. Performance for the 2.5 litre engine is better than expected. Fuel economy is better than stated by EPA, averaging 27-30 MPG in mostly city driving.

Early warning to potential buyers.
By bendriving on 07/06/14 22:19 PM (PDT)

2015 Subaru Forester 2.5i Premium PZEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Want to warn potential buyers of two issues, either of which makes us regret we got this car. First, the ride is rougher than a Model T rumble seat. Yes, I've been there. Every road you thought was smooth turns into an uncomfortable roller coaster ride. I don't know what the car's designers were thinking. Second, using a thin pillow on the rock hard passenger seat disables the air bag. The manual's answer is for people who need a pillow to sit in the back seat. So, hopefully not, but if your mate has a medical issue, they're supposed to ride in the back seat. The 2007 Forester we traded in was a far superior vehicle. Test out the '15 on various roads!

Exactly what I need
By bbq4 on 06/24/14 07:00 AM (PDT)

2015 Subaru Forester 2.5i Touring PZEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I keep seeing reviews of this car, saying that it is too spartan. To be honest, I only need that and nothing more. There are things that regardless of money, you simply can't find anywhere else aside from the Forester and those things are: easily the best visibility of any vehicule I've ever driven; best AWD system, best fuel economy for an AWD compact SUV, best safety rating in its class, among the most spacious compact SUV, having among the biggest panoramic sunroof. For those reasons alone, I'm extremely happy with my purchase! Honestly, I don't want to pay more for a name or for gadgets that would not make a difference if there's a snowstorm outside and that I needed to go somwhere.

Our second XT , just as good as the first!
By subewannabe on 06/18/14 10:15 AM (PDT)

2015 Subaru Forester 2.0XT Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

We've had this car for 8 weeks, bought to replace our 2004 XT. It's astounding how far technology and design has improved. The car is so much more comfortable than the 2004 , especially for 4 passengers. The Forester greenhouse has been preserved, which makes it one of the easiest cars to drive. The Eyesight system , with adaptive cruise control, object detection and automatic speed reduction works extremely well and very smoothly. The ride is a bit hard, not unexpected in a AWD small SUV with lots of ground clearance and sport rims and tires. The touchscreen MMI is simply awful...I cant believe Subaru fell short on this while doing so well on everything else.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.