2015 Subaru Forester Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Subaru Forester - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Forester model:

not safe! intermittent temporary loss of power
By Babs Eddingt

2015 Subaru Forester 2.5i PZEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

not safe: intermittent temporary loss of power up to 4 seconds! service department ran diagnostic test and then refused to acknowledge the problem and stated the car is safe to drive.I refused to drive it and traded it in immediately for a Honda. I was very disappointed in Subaru.

Never Considered Subaru
By Adam

2015 Subaru Forester 2.5i Limited PZEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I've had my 2015 Forester for almost an entire year now and I'm at 17,000 miles. When I was shopping for a new vehicle, I didn't even consider Subaru. The day I went test driving all of the vehicles that were on my list, I was highly unsatisfied with everything that had happened at other dealerships, and on a whim, my parents were like "WELL LETS CHECK OUT SUBARU!!!" The knowledgeable sales people, warm environment, and the "quality you could feel" with the Forester is what sold me. The giant glass sunroof is also an extra perk. During the winter months, I made it EVERYWHERE with complete confidence. And I even tested out X-Mode on my friends extremely snow-covered driveway.....it works flawlessly. Highway MPG is also fantastic. I average 32-35. I highly recommend this vehicle or any Subaru. They have a feeling like non other. So far, no complaints.

Overall love it
By Timothy

2015 Subaru Forester 2.5i Limited PZEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I've had my 2015 Forester for almost exactly a year now and overall it's a great car for the price. I got the base model in Manual transmission for a couple of reasons: 1) the price was very good, 2) I live in New Hampshire and wanted an SUV with AWD through the seasons, 3) I wanted a reliable car with plenty of storage space and an AWD that gets good gas mileage. So far, this car has met all of my expectations. The Bluetooth system, despite a lot of negative reviews, I find very simple and very handy. It connects to my smart phone as soon as I turn the car on, the voice activation works with decent pronunciation, and being able to play music off of my phone is awesome. I have 3 Cons for the car: 1) The acceleration is a little weak with my manual transmission unless I really gun it and there is a little jump between shifts unless you hold the clutch down really far, 2) I have to change my oil pretty much every 3,000 miles and 3) the hitch only comes in a 1.25" so I had to get a 2" adapter for my Thule bike rack which makes it a little more bumpy than I would like but to be fair it works completely fine ( just took it on a 2,000 mile trip on interstates and it was fine). Overall, I am very pleased with my car. It does great in the winter (even without winter tires), I get an average of 28 MPG most of the time (over 30 on highways), the cabin is very spacious which is a huge plus, the handling is great and the engine does well at high speeds, the interior is smartly designed and comfortable, the exterior is very attractive, and it fulfills all of my needs especially for the price.

Awesome Bluetooth my Hind-End!
By kilowatt3544@yahoo.com

2015 Subaru Forester 2.5i Limited PZEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This vehicle is not a bad SUV, but there are some features that are so frustrating and aggravating that I have been severely tempted to get rid of it. The so-called phone feature is the worst on the market and should be a forced recall due to safety concerns. It takes 9 steps to insert a phone number by voice, and six by your phone. There is absolutely no way in which to download your contacts for use that does not include having to try it over and over. I have more than 350+ numbers in my phone and it is a daunting task. I have only managed to get 4 numbers in my cars memory so far, and that took over 7 hours and 4 different people trying to do it. You also cannot use the speed dial feature if you are moving! What the HELL kind of safety feature is that?! You have to dig on your phone and search for a name and it isn't easy. Not having this feature is bad, and a concern for me and others as to how UNSAFE this unit is.

Depends on your priorities
By JerseyG

2015 Subaru Forester 2.5i Premium PZEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Gas mileage - awesome; nothing better out there. Sturdiness - OK, feels very lightweight like a tin can. Handling - very good. A/C - worst of any car I've ever driven, blows hot air at least 60% of the time; sucks cause I live in Phoenix :( and dealer claims it's due to "large cabin volume". Seriously? I've had bigger cars that do just fine with that. Eyesight accessory - love it. Trunk also slow on mine & sometimes doesn't work. Overall mixed feelings but probably wouldn't buy a car with crappy A/C ever again.