2015 Subaru Forester Consumer Reviews

2015 Subaru Forester - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Forester model:
Fantastic car; awful radio
By Jonathan Scott on 03/26/15 20:04 PM (PDT)

2015 Subaru Forester 2.0XT Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

Bought a Forester 6 months ago to replace our BMW because we needed more space and utility but wanted to keep the performance and traction in the snow. We love the car. Acceleration is astounding for such a big car. It gets up our driveway effortlessly in snow and ice when other SUVs struggle. Fuel economy could be better - we get 23-24 mpg with mixed but quite aggressive driving. Radio / bluetooth interface is truly awful. We opted not to get the touchscreen because it is apparently even worse. The radio sounds great but the user interface is overly complex, not intuitive, and highly frustrating. Subaru - fix it!

New to Subary
By mdoiron on 03/20/15 17:45 PM (PDT)

2015 Subaru Forester 2.5i Premium PZEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Just bought my new 2015 Subaru Forester. Price was good, inside room was great - head and leg room. Only had it 2 weeks, so still new to it but a few improvements / upgrades are needed

My 1st Forester
By peteyg on 03/19/15 19:57 PM (PDT)

2015 Subaru Forester 2.5i Limited PZEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I'm overall very happy, but truly not head over heals. Initial throttle is a bit too anxious; it launches forward just pulling out of parking spot or at a red light, so I'm training myself to press lightly on the pedal. Front seats: comfortable but wish they were deeper, they lack side support. Biggest disappointment: sound quality; it's a Limited so I thought it would have been better. Sound mainly comes from lower front doors; sounds tinny & the bass response is awful. I repeat my favorite songs & I've loved how my tunes sounded in my previous Jetta & Sorento (with base audio pkg) deep base and balanced in mid to high volumes, w/ Forester bass gets weaker & speakers crackle as vol goes up.

2015 basic Forester
By nbg71 on 03/08/15 04:59 AM (PDT)

2015 Subaru Forester 2.5i PZEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I was told that the Forester was better for shorter people because of the high seat position, that's nonsense, I'm 6'5 and the extra headroom is fantastic, I have no leg room problems, I think this car is better for tall people. On the highway the car fells like its begging you to go faster, at 80mph you hit the accelerator and it booms forward, very solid at high speed. To leave my house I have to go up a horrific steep hill and with 10" of snow on it this winter the car in the L gear it went up as if the snow didn't exist, I watched other suv's struggle to do it, Honda's and Nissan's. The car can be noisy and it can be a little rocky but this is minor.

Lousy trailer hitch
By sunflowersue on 03/06/15 15:46 PM (PST)

2015 Subaru Forester 2.5i Limited PZEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Bought a new Forester Limited in December 2014. Really like some features of the car compared to the 2003 Forester it replaced. Not crazy about the way the engine picks up speed or not. Like little things--leather seats, dimming mirror, back-up camera. Like the added room for rear seat passengers.

Very nice car
By sandyrich1 on 03/01/15 16:03 PM (PST)

2015 Subaru Forester 2.5i Limited PZEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I live in the mountains of Colorado and I am very pleased with my new Forester. It currently has roughly 5500 miles and I purchased it in July, 2014. I think it handles great and I feel very confident when driving it up and down the interstate in the mountains. It has also has plenty of power when heading up over the continental divide. I average 29.1 mpg combined driving. I have not noticed any unusual oil consumption (in fact, the dip stick showed the same level as when it was purchased). Although not necessarily intuitive, once we learned how to use it, the radio/navigation system works fine. We have not had a single problem with it. I have noticed, it will rev a little high under load.

12k Update
By BEACHDOOD on 03/01/15 05:21 AM (PST)

2015 Subaru Forester 2.5i Touring PZEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Having logged over 12000 miles and driving thru various terrains and road conditions, I am still very satisfied with my Forester. The CVT does take time to get used to its power band. If you live in an area with hills and 2 lane roads, suggest you get the turbo. For most driving conditions, the non turbo model works fine. I have noticed gas mileage will dramatically change with terrain and driving habits but overall mileage as expected. I had no issues driving in snow. X mode worked as advertised. I suspect other reviews that complained about performance in snow were probably driving on ice and no vehicle is safe on ice. I have found this vehicle safe, economical and very functional.

Could be happier
By John Tyree on 02/25/15 12:30 PM (PST)

2015 Subaru Forester 2.0XT Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

2015 Forester XT with Eyesight. Eyesight has some good features but could be better, slams on the brakes when a vehicle traveling in the same direction makes a right or a left turn, when gate arms rise up. The remote start only starts from 30 ft / 10 meters because it uses the same antenna in the car as the door opener and because this car has Eyesight.. not happy been a cold winter and I Live in Michigan, may as well not have it if I have to go outside to start it. body/hood is a bit flimsy. I liked my GL-10 better. Dident need or want a sun roof.

Get The Turbo
By mdjames on 02/23/15 19:37 PM (PST)

2015 Subaru Forester 2.0XT Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

Just purchased the 2015 Forester XT Turbo. Great speed as this Forester likes to run! I bought the XT Touring loaded. Mfg. Sugg price was $36,640 and payed $33,000 with .9% financing with money down. Love the Forester! Very well built with the reliability it's a real value, and sharp looking. The only complaints I have are the original tires (which I traded in for Michelin Premier's that were a bit wider which helped the steering response and improved the ride and noise level. The Forester has a stiffer ride so you'll feel the road, but that's fine with me as I love everything else about the vehicle. Subaru really came through with this one. It's my 1st and I can see why they sell!!

I love the turbo!
By mcm0455 on 02/11/15 20:32 PM (PST)

2015 Subaru Forester 2.0XT Premium 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I bought this car after much debate on what to buy to replace my very solid 13 Honda Fit. I purchased the Forester for $3500 under invoice and 1.9% financing. I have owned 8 other Subaru's in the past 25 years and have always had positive experiences. The engine and transmission is really what sets this apart from the competition. The engine really has no lag and pulls strong through the rev range. Because I travel to 8000ft+ several days a week, the turbo really makes the drive easy. I look forward to some spirited driving after the first 1000 miles, should be a blast!