2015 Subaru Forester Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Subaru Forester - Consumer Reviews

2015 Subaru Forester

View reviews for a specific Forester model:

Fun to drive SUV
By gramper

2015 Subaru Forester 2.0XT Premium 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I've had my Forester xt for 7 Mos. now and have enjoyed driving it a lot. It has a roomy interior and comfortable seats. Excellent visibility and driving position. Acceleration is brisk and smooth. Handling is adequate based on how I drive and what I expect from a mid-sized SUV. Haven't driven it on dirt forest/logging roads yet, but I am confident it will do well over the rougher sections with the sophisticated x-mode AWD system and good ground clearance. Gas mileage is 25-28mpg, which I consider good considering it's size and performance level.

Favorite Features

Drive train (engine/cvt) is smooth and powerful. Looks good . Driving position/site lines. Handles good enough for condolence during spirited driving. Feels solid. Subaru reliability.

Suggested Improvements

For the price I paid for it I really can't complain about anything.

Falls far short on MPG, but otherwise a versatile car
By rickallen

2015 Subaru Forester 2.5i Touring PZEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This is our 2nd Subaru. We bought another because the value of our 1st was so good when you consider a foolproof AWD system, tons of space, decent features, and near flawless reliability. My only complaint is that we have never hit the advertised MPG when driving interstate speed limits. To meet the EPA highway, you have to be going 60 or less. Not possible on most highways without becoming a nuisance and an obstacle.

Favorite Features

Tons of legroom front and back. We never want for space. Great visibility all around with a good seating height, large windows, and well placed mirrors. AWD system is unstoppable. In deep snow with snow tires on, you might as well be in a tank: not a slip or a slide to be found. HK sound system sounds great.

Suggested Improvements

Heated seats slow to warm. Slightly less rear storage space than the Legacy/Outback. Occasionally rough ride over broken pavement. Useless and tiresome navigation: your phone is 100x easier and more accurate. Slow responding infotainment. Front seats have no lateral support and short bottom cushion, however, I still don't get road butt after long drives. Slow moving power liftgate. Nonstop beeping from lane departure warning and abrupt slowdowns from Eyesight when traffic comes in range.

Another great Forester
By sebastianos

2015 Subaru Forester 2.5i PZEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This is our second Forester, and we are very pleased. It is everything we wanted and expected it to be. We are getting about 22 MPG for real stop and go traffic, and about 31 or 32 for hops to the store or shopping - this is in-city, but not heavy, stop & go.

Favorite Features

Big windows. Handles well. Great gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

None.

Great Car, But a Few Notable Complaints
By edmck101

2015 Subaru Forester 2.5i Touring PZEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

We've had our 2015 Forested Limited for 8 months. Dislikes: Cheap (tiny) light in rear cargo compartment; cruise control can be adjusted up or down in 5 mph increments only (really hate this!); counter-intuitive nav system; driver-side power window is difficult to adjust to desired height. Finally, I've never been able to get 30 mph on a trip under any conditions, but this isn't a deal-breaker. Would I buy another Forrester: Probably, but I could be swayed toward a new Cherokee in a year or two. Just my two cents.

Favorite Features

Likes: iSight, adaptive cruise control, ground clearance, power tailgate, push-button start, CVT transmission, Harmon-Karden stereo, leg room in back seat, huge windows, big doors.

Heater problems
By Harris Gurowitz

2015 Subaru Forester 2.5i Premium PZEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Just purchase a 2015 Forrester based on high reviews in CR Magazine. I love the car. The only problem is with the heater. It is very slow to heat up the car compared to my experiences with Toyota Rav 4 and Toyota Matrix. Also the heat, when it does get warm does not heat the driver and passenger's feet area. I brought it to the dealer and they said nothing is wrong with the heater and no one every complained about it. That was not true, because going on line I found in Subaru chat areas that many people complained about the poor heat. I guess I will love the care for three quarters of the year when it is warm. I hope the air conditioner works well. Not hot enough to fine out.

Suggested Improvements

Heating problems with driver and passenger foot areas.