2015 Subaru Forester Consumer Reviews

2015 Subaru Forester - Consumer Reviews

2015 Subaru Forester 2.5i PZEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

View reviews for a specific Forester model:
I'll drive.
By mtski on 01/19/15 22:46 PM (PST)

2015 Subaru Forester 2.5i Limited PZEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I did a lot of research before purchasing a new car and liked the performance, safety, and value the Forester offered. My prior car was a 1997 Jeep Cherokee (6 cylinder) that I loved. In terms of modern amenities, any new car would be a change, but I worried about missing the power and off-road ability of the Jeep. The Forester is great on ice, slush, snow, blowing snow, etc. It feels stable and peppy. Although I can tell it is working hard when going uphill, it doesn't feel sluggish. I wasn't sure how much I'd use the X-Mode and Hill Descent Control, but they were handy when we got 14 inches of snow over a layer of ice. It's comfortable and I enjoy driving it.

Traction Concerns
By detroitmuscle on 01/06/15 06:56 AM (PST)

2015 Subaru Forester 2.5i Premium PZEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Trading in a 2011 Suby Legacy for a 2015 Forester, we expected the same sort of traction & stability on snowy and icy roads. The Legacy was far superior on winter highway trips around the lake from Wisconsin to Michigan, and I'd love to know the reason why. The Forester back end seems to want to slide out even when traveling on a highway in a straight line at modest speeds. Yes the roads were slick, but we shouldn't be the vehicle in the slow lane holding up traffic while being passed on the left by Civics and Camrys. Checking the tires next, but first Winter impressions were not good.

2015 XT Touring - Day 1
By evanworld on 01/03/15 20:10 PM (PST)

2015 Subaru Forester 2.0XT Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

Full disclosure: the car's been in my driveway for a day and these are first impressions with more to follow. I obsess on research before I buy and in this case started with a crush on an Acura AWD which quickly faded before I moved on to a BMW 3-Series Xdrive. The idea of a Forester came out of left field and became viable after a test drive. I fell in love with the excellent visibility, easy access and turbo engine (I owned an 05 Legacy wagon GT manual and it was a rocket). The hook - 20K less than a Bimmer and better AWD than its competitors.

Death trap on ice
By wyoroberts on 01/01/15 20:26 PM (PST)

2015 Subaru Forester 2.5i Premium PZEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I have lived in wyoming-nebraska all my life and driven on snow packed-icy roads with many different cars...rear wheel, four wheel drive cars as well as pickups. The Subaru forester is the worst vehicle I have ever driven in my life on ice. You have absolutely no control-it feels like you are floating all over the road and if you go anything over thirty mph.....you are totally out of control. Shame on you Subaru for claiming to share the love....this car will end up killing people who trusted your company for designing safe cars!

Amazed by the technology!
By srkeegan on 12/15/14 12:46 PM (PST)

2015 Subaru Forester 2.5i PZEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Living in Reno, I do a lot of driving in the Sierra and snow. You couldn't spin this car out if you tried. The AWD has always been amazing in Subarus. It blows away my 2010 Rav4, which I have since gotten rid of. Beyond that, I couldn't believe how much technology they have put into the lower end models like mine. The cruise control automatically slows down to a safe distance if a car turns into your lane in front of you. Warns if you are leaving the lane. Knee airbags. Plenty of clearance for deep snow. Elongated moonroof. Spacious. MPG computers a lot like my Prius. Excellent Bluetooth features. No blind spots. Easily the safest car I've ever driven.

Dont get the hype
By zaclette on 12/02/14 06:04 AM (PST)

2015 Subaru Forester 2.5i Premium PZEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I have owned a lot of cars. I moved to the Subaru after some German car woes. Overall the car is decent, but it feels very cheap for the pricing. Secondly the gas mileage is not what it is cracked up to be. Around town the Sub has great manners, 24 MPG in suburbia. The visibility and access are great. Errands are done with ease, great for getting the kids in and out. On flat highways it does well too; however in a recent jaunt through the mountains the car struggled to keep pace with traffic with significantly diminished gas mileage (17 MPG)....worse than my wife's full size luxury SUV.

Bad inside
By mark405 on 11/19/14 18:05 PM (PST)

2015 Subaru Forester 2.5i Touring PZEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This is what I don't like inside my Subaru Forester 2015. I have it 2weeks . The two vanity mirrors has no lights. The seats are to small and hard.Console is to small and set to far back between the seats.Passenger seat up to high no adjustment to bring it down.Buttons on passenger door don't light up and back doors to.Trunk light not bright enough.Dash is rough hard to wipe clean.Front windshield not top tinted. When sun comes in you can't see out.Car locks don't lock by themselves you have to lock doors. Glove box has no light.when you get eyesight it takes away the eye glass holder.screens are to small. Back up camera should beep. More to follow next week.Good luck if you buy this car.

Best New Car Purchase Decision I've Ever Made
By jjmdr on 10/14/14 11:44 AM (PDT)

2015 Subaru Forester 2.5i Premium PZEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

This is the fifth new car I have bought for my family or myself, and I am very happy with my decision. I am consistently getter better than predicted gas mileage for my daily commute. My kids love the back seat room (I have 3 so all the seats are full when the family travels). They always want to take "Daddy's Car" instead of the minivan! The features for the money paid are an excellent value (I have the 2.5i Premium with MT, which comes standard with the All Weather Package). Although I am currently leasing the car, I am very seriously considering converting to a purchase, since I don't think I'll want to give the car up when my lease is over.

Great Car
By guitarsmth on 10/09/14 06:49 AM (PDT)

2015 Subaru Forester 2.5i Limited PZEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I recently purchased a 2015 Forester Limited and I'm very happy with it so far. Gas mileage has been around the 27 mpg they advertise. You won't win any street races but it's more than fast enough for highway driving and lane merges. The ride height is excellent as is the visibility. Build quality feels very good. The Limited trim is a great value. You get a ton of features and a very reliable vehicle for a fairly low price. I can't wait to see how it performs this winter.

Gas Hog & Dangerous
By deetee3 on 09/29/14 10:07 AM (PDT)

2015 Subaru Forester 2.5i Touring PZEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I just bought this car. After driving Subaru's for 25 years I thought this would be the car to have. Wrong. This car is a total gas hog. The transmission has a real safety issue. The automatic transmission does not slow the car down... it kicks out of gear instead. My old Subaru stayed in gear when I backed off the throttle and slowed the car down on ice. This new Forester requires breaking to slow the car. The last thing you want to do on ice is hit the breaks!