2015 Subaru Forester - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Forester model:
Amazed by the technology!
By srkeegan on 12/15/14 12:46 PM (PST)

2015 Subaru Forester 2.5i PZEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Living in Reno, I do a lot of driving in the Sierra and snow. You couldn't spin this car out if you tried. The AWD has always been amazing in Subarus. It blows away my 2010 Rav4, which I have since gotten rid of. Beyond that, I couldn't believe how much technology they have put into the lower end models like mine. The cruise control automatically slows down to a safe distance if a car turns into your lane in front of you. Warns if you are leaving the lane. Knee airbags. Plenty of clearance for deep snow. Elongated moonroof. Spacious. MPG computers a lot like my Prius. Excellent Bluetooth features. No blind spots. Easily the safest car I've ever driven.

Dont get the hype
By zaclette on 12/02/14 06:04 AM (PST)

2015 Subaru Forester 2.5i Premium PZEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I have owned a lot of cars. I moved to the Subaru after some German car woes. Overall the car is decent, but it feels very cheap for the pricing. Secondly the gas mileage is not what it is cracked up to be. Around town the Sub has great manners, 24 MPG in suburbia. The visibility and access are great. Errands are done with ease, great for getting the kids in and out. On flat highways it does well too; however in a recent jaunt through the mountains the car struggled to keep pace with traffic with significantly diminished gas mileage (17 MPG)....worse than my wife's full size luxury SUV.

Bad inside
By mark405 on 11/19/14 18:05 PM (PST)

2015 Subaru Forester 2.5i Touring PZEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This is what I don't like inside my Subaru Forester 2015. I have it 2weeks . The two vanity mirrors has no lights. The seats are to small and hard.Console is to small and set to far back between the seats.Passenger seat up to high no adjustment to bring it down.Buttons on passenger door don't light up and back doors to.Trunk light not bright enough.Dash is rough hard to wipe clean.Front windshield not top tinted. When sun comes in you can't see out.Car locks don't lock by themselves you have to lock doors. Glove box has no light.when you get eyesight it takes away the eye glass holder.screens are to small. Back up camera should beep. More to follow next week.Good luck if you buy this car.

Best New Car Purchase Decision I've Ever Made
By jjmdr on 10/14/14 11:44 AM (PDT)

2015 Subaru Forester 2.5i Premium PZEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

This is the fifth new car I have bought for my family or myself, and I am very happy with my decision. I am consistently getter better than predicted gas mileage for my daily commute. My kids love the back seat room (I have 3 so all the seats are full when the family travels). They always want to take "Daddy's Car" instead of the minivan! The features for the money paid are an excellent value (I have the 2.5i Premium with MT, which comes standard with the All Weather Package). Although I am currently leasing the car, I am very seriously considering converting to a purchase, since I don't think I'll want to give the car up when my lease is over.

Great Car
By guitarsmth on 10/09/14 06:49 AM (PDT)

2015 Subaru Forester 2.5i Limited PZEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I recently purchased a 2015 Forester Limited and I'm very happy with it so far. Gas mileage has been around the 27 mpg they advertise. You won't win any street races but it's more than fast enough for highway driving and lane merges. The ride height is excellent as is the visibility. Build quality feels very good. The Limited trim is a great value. You get a ton of features and a very reliable vehicle for a fairly low price. I can't wait to see how it performs this winter.

Gas Hog & Dangerous
By deetee3 on 09/29/14 10:07 AM (PDT)

2015 Subaru Forester 2.5i Touring PZEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I just bought this car. After driving Subaru's for 25 years I thought this would be the car to have. Wrong. This car is a total gas hog. The transmission has a real safety issue. The automatic transmission does not slow the car down... it kicks out of gear instead. My old Subaru stayed in gear when I backed off the throttle and slowed the car down on ice. This new Forester requires breaking to slow the car. The last thing you want to do on ice is hit the breaks!

This One Checks All the Boxes
By jag21979 on 09/27/14 19:51 PM (PDT)

2015 Subaru Forester 2.5i Touring PZEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Let me start off by saying that I'm thoroughly impressed by the Forester. I moved up from the Legacy to give my family some more room & functionality. I enjoy fishing & camping, & this vehicle can take me there, & do so very efficiently. I don't think the vehicle is sexy & won't turn heads, but it's very handsome & clean looking. The interior is simple, yet functional & enjoy the simple straight-forward design and easy to use controls. The Forester is comfortable and roomy, although I wish the seats offered more cushion. Not too many negatives...I wish Subaru would change the way they allow the user to control the A/C, if you own one you know what I mean. Great vehicle, great value!

Happy with my 2015 XT
By wnydriver on 09/12/14 06:28 AM (PDT)

2015 Subaru Forester 2.0XT Premium 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

1 month in, 2600 miles so far no regrets with my 2015 Subaru Forester XT Premium. My overall fuel economy since purchase says 26.8 mpg. I've had full tank reports of as high as 33. I mostly run mid-grade (89) and throw in a tank of premium every third fill up or so. In short you can get really good mileage if you drive conservatively. It does drop off pretty fast if you like to get into the turbo frequently. But even on tanks where I've "played" more, I still was in the 24+ mpg overall. I love the turbo power when I need it. Car is very comfortable for a CUV. Visibility is the best of an CUV in my opinion.

Better than expected
By oldfield1 on 09/08/14 10:09 AM (PDT)

2015 Subaru Forester 2.5i PZEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This is a very good car. Easy to drive, comfortable, roomy, and feels solid and well made. Mileage has been 29mpg combined road, mountain, and town driving. The CVT responds quickly and works very well (the engine is a little too peaky for a manual). The car turns in and transitions well on curvy mountain roads. It is actually fun to drive being taunt and predictable. Long highway trips are no problem, and neither are washed out, muddy, and rutted farm and mountain roads with the high ground clearance and real 4wd. I would buy a Forester again in a heartbeat as it has been a better all around car than I thought possible, certainly in its price range.

Transmission lacks proper low gears
By spiffmaster on 08/29/14 21:24 PM (PDT)

2015 Subaru Forester 2.5i Limited PZEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This is our fourth Forester. The 2015 version is typical in ride and noise levels. The x-mode is a notable addition for low speed difficult conditions. However, for descending in dry, wet or reasonable snowy conditions the transmission is very poorly designed. The L shift is not adequate for good control and there is no L2. Excessive use of the brakes is required for control. The x-mode is not useful in these conditions because it cuts out over 25mph and it is necessary to slow to 12mph to restart it. If you live in a hilly or mountainous area this vehicle may not be suitable for you. We are disappointed and will trade it in for another manufacturer.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.