The Best Car I Have Owned!
By erichaight on
2014 Subaru Forester 2.5i Premium PZEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)
I'll be honest in saying that this is first new car I have owned and the most luxurious, but I have ridden in nicer cars owned by others. I have owned a Subaru previously (1987 GL 3-door hatchback, 4-speed manual). I just sold it last year, but I have been longing to own a newer Subaru for many years. For the price, this car is unbeatable!
Favorite Features
The best features of this car are the gas mileage/CVT, AWD, moon roof, higher clearance, adjustable driver's seat, rear passenger comfort, roof rails and the rear cargo area. Recently, I was in the desert of southern New Mexico driving between Hunt's Hole and Kilbourne Hole. I was on an unofficial road, which was rather sandy and had some hills to go up and down. There wasn't anywhere to turn around and this car really did impress me. I seriously thought I was going to be stuck in the middle of nowhere. It went uphill through sand without revving the engine. I do not have X-Mode on my model. I have the standard issue tires and they were not deflated from normal PSI.
Suggested Improvements
The only things that I have questioned on this vehicle are setting the time and the quality of the sound system. I also would prefer arm rests for the driver and passenger in the middle versus the adjustable center console.