2014 Subaru Forester 2.5L 4-cyl. AWD CVT Automatic Consumer Review - Excellent!

2014 Subaru Forester - Consumer Review

2.5i Premium PZEV 4dr SUV (2.5L 4-cyl. AWD CVT Automatic)

Excellent!
By fannibal on

2014 Subaru Forester 2.5i Premium PZEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Safety, visibility, AWD and transmission. These are 4 things which aren't very sexy, but oh my goodness do I love them! Safety features are things which I rely on the IIHS and NHTSA to tell me if they are good or not. The visibility and transmission for this car is amazing. I commend the company for not going for sacrificing practicality in the name of design. The windows improves my mood so much! I absolutely love driving this car and being able to see the sky and everything around me! The transmission is also extremely responsive. The AWD is also awesome! performed wonderfully last winter.

Favorite Features

I absolutely love the CVT. CVT is very responsive, and it seems to switch in ~200rpm intervals. I get ~ 34-35mpg when I drive around 65mph for extended periods of time. This is amazing mpg for a car that isnt hybrid and doesn't have a particularly advanced engine. The HD radio is nice too, but toggles in and out of HD mode too often.

Suggested Improvements

interior design looks like a car from the late 90s. I know a lot of people(my wife included) who would never buy this car because it just looks plain old too ugly inside and out. If you can overlook the aesthetic failings, the practical parts of the car are top notch.