Probably the worst car I have owned because competition has made big improvements and this Subaru lags behind now. Foresters were never modern but they had personality. The 2014 does not. I bought a Premium 2.5i because that's a limit I am willing to pay for a Forester. Any more and I can buy a Highlander or a 4runner.
Ride is ok but bouncy and jittery on bad roads. Steering has poor feedback and handling is scary at 80mph+.
Holding the steering wheel feels like driving an economy $12k car. Just poor quality plastics - I advise to get the leather wrapped steering wheel as an option.
In 20 deg weather (dry) I could not roll down windows and first opening doors.
- This car is very simple in a good way. Easy to get in and out of, has great visibility and a large sunroof. Good around town, easy to manouver
- Low key design. No one will noticed you got a new car.
- CVT is actually really good. Very responsive and efficient.
- SEATS! replace the current chairs with larger, more comfortable seats
- place the USB where it's easy to reach
- needs better seals around windows/doors. In freezing weather, you can't roll down windows.
- x-mode should be standard or at least put in a switch to lock it in awd 50/50. CVT is 100% front with rear kicking in 'when needed' so no better than competitors.
- make dark interior color options. Who's idea was it to put super light fabric in a suv?
- it would be great if seats folded into a flat cargo area. Currently, it's hard to load larger items.
- interior plastics scratch easily. This car will look abused in few years = poor resale value.