Outstanding Subaru for 2014!!
By jaacolumbusnc on
2014 Subaru Forester 2.5i Limited PZEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)
On 1 November 2013, I purchased the 2014 Subaru Forester 2.5i Limited. I traded in a 2014 Honda Accord EXL. The purchase was made at Vic Bailey Imports, Spartanburg, SC. The trade was made in order to move to a vehicle with the CVT transmission, to acquire a more comfortable ride and get a higher passenger seat for my wife, better gas mileage and standard all wheel drive. The Forester provides all these attributes. I added the following options: auto dim mirror compass, body side molding, rear bumper cover and splash guards. It is the perfect vehicle for us and as it turns out, it is the Motor Trend 2014 SUV of the Year. Subaru got it right!
Favorite Features
My favorite features are the smooth CVT transmission, totally comfortable leather seats with plenty of leg room for both driver and passenger, lots of window glass, informational displays tell you anything you could ask for, engine power galore for driving on the hilly country of Western NC. The rear power gate is a terrific plus. We both selected Dark Gray Metallic exterior with Platinum Leather (light gray), It is a stunning combination and we gave received lots of compliments.
Suggested Improvements
I had become happy in the recent past with XM radio and was a bit disappointed not to have it standard in this vehicle. The problem was solved for $200.00 by having Elite Audio in Spartanburg, SC install an Onyx EZ satellite radio in front of the center console. It is the perfect technical solution and works like a charm. It plays in the vehicle sound system by engaging the AUX button on the Subaru installed AM/FM Stereo HD radio. There are no further improvements needed in so far as we are concerned.