2014 Subaru Forester Consumer Review: My first Subaru, very impresse

2014 Subaru Forester - Consumer Review

My first Subaru, very impressed.
By comiskeybum on

2014 Subaru Forester 2.5i PZEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This is my first Subaru and my first AWD vehicle. I have driven other AWD cars before from Ford on test drives but nothing beats Subaru's AWD system.There are youtube videos showing why this is and why their system is head and shoulders better than other's. -Gas Mileage: I will report back on this again after more miles are put on it. But right now driving around the city running errands I average 26.7 MPG. Well within the advertised range. -Powertrain: I am shocked at how fast this vehicle accelerates off the line. Because of the CVT transmission it is able to perform like V6 powered cars I have owned in the past. Plenty of power. Much more than our 2010 Chevy Equinox.

-All Wheel Drive -Simple controls for Air conditioning and stereo -Standard Bluetooth connectivity on all models -Controls on steering wheel on all models. -Computer features on all models including MPG and other calculations. -Solid build quality -Complimentary winter time floor mats

The ONE thing I was somewhat disappointed to discover is that the 2.5i trim does not include automatic headlights. It DOES use daytime running lights when the transmission is in "D" (drive) mode automatically. However in order to use actual night time headlights you have to use the switch. Is this a big deal? No, but other Brands are including this feature as standard.