2014 Subaru Forester Consumer Review: Love my new Subaru Forester

2014 Subaru Forester - Consumer Review

2.5i Touring PZEV 4dr SUV (2.5L 4-cyl. AWD CVT Automatic)

Love my new Subaru Forester
By pdxlover on

2014 Subaru Forester 2.5i Touring PZEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I have driven two Honda Accords with manual transmission for the past 10-15 years. I decided I wanted an automatic and a bigger car for safety. I was torn between the Mazda CX5 and this Suburu Forester. Both were great drives and great looking! One of the reasons I chose the Subaru is the EyeSight technology although I have to admit I thought it had the extra feature of letting me know when there was someone in my blind spot (a feature of the Mazda). When I got it, I realized it did not, but still preferred the power liftgate (not on the Mazda)and the peppier engine. I have no buyer's remorse tho and love this car! (Plus my friends are jealous.)

Large windows to see everything; Power liftgage; looks - got the red; comfortable seats front and back; lots of leg room front and back; keyless entry and driving; bluetooth for my smart phone to talk and listen to music. Plus it is easy to get in and out of (even for my 86 and 96 yr old folks!

Needs more driver accessible storage. Even my Honda Accord has room for a couple of bottles of water and all my books and maps on the driver's side door. The Honda also has a little space in the front dash to hide things. The Subaru just has an open hole.