Just breaking it in
By stuprince on
2014 Subaru Forester 2.5i Premium PZEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)
After having driven a Trailblazer for 7 years, it was time to change to a car with better mileage because I was going to be driving 150 miles a day for work. The Forester was my choice after also driving an Escape, RAV4, CX-5, CR-V, and Equinox. Forester mileage was equal or better than all of them and I am getting about 34 mpg highway right now which should get better as it breaks it. Inside is spacious, came with the winter driving package, heated front seats, and back up camera. Good price at just 26 grand. Easy ride and it cruises at 70 on the freeway without even a push. Handles nice, but could be better. Subaru reliability is legendary so that also sold me on it
Favorite Features
The handsfree bluetooth phone is easy to set up and use, allows me to not have to mes with my phone while driving. Though the playback feature through the radio is spotty. Moonroof is HUGE, feels like driving a convertable. Lots of room, my very tall kids can fit in the backseat without any problems, actually more room than my Trailblazer. Being 6-3, head room was important and it had more than any other car I test drove, I can even wear a hat while I drive.
Suggested Improvements
Lacks decent storage and the coin shelf in the arm rest is pointless. Needs to have an auto door lock when the car shifts into gear. Why does the winter package NOT come with winter floor mats? Had to drop another $65 to buy them Transmission is a little slow moving from reverse into drive, but it is smooth on the road, so I may be getting picky here.