Happy....
By rico696 on
2014 Subaru Forester 2.0XT Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)
2014 Forester XT w/ Eyesight system. Had put almost 2k miles on it already. Great so far...fuel economy is right on par with the EPA. The first two tanks of premium gas I was worried since it seamed to drink the gas, but after that was done, it improved drastically. Its possible to get over EPA with a controled foot...I had a hybrid so Im used to it. I was in between this and a CX-5 and the choice is made easier once you drive the XT...handles much better than the 2.5 IMO. CX-5 drives great but its rather small and hard to see out of. Forester feels bigger and more airy and the XT handles amazing, maybe even a bit better than the CX-5 since it feels much more planted to the road.
Favorite Features
Engine is strong, space is great compare to the size of the outside of the car. Was able to fit two bikes on the back with seats folded. Eyesight system is awesome and feels natural unlike the one on my wifes car (2014 Mazda 6). Visibility is awesome and of course the AWD. I had a Camry with the Entune system, and to me the Subaru head unit is great. A lot of people complain about it, and say its not as up to date as competitors, but coming from the Toyota entune system, that thing was too slow and I never really used it. If you have a smart phone that can already do the things that Enture and Sync can do and is much better at it. The speaker system is awesome
Suggested Improvements
Eyesight system I think is a bit overpriced. Subaru should allow things like keyless access and HID lights to be separate. But thats a way for them to get people to maybe see more of a value in getting the system.