Happy with my Forester
By yooperblue on
2014 Subaru Forester 2.5i Limited PZEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)
It's really hard to review this car without context of having driven its competitors. To me it's a very nice vehicle but I'm not sure how it stacks up against other CUVs. I'll try to address the major topics. After 3900 miles it doesn't burn oil. MPG as advertised but drops with ambient temperature and speed over 65 mph. I can drive a long way without getting lower back pain so I consider this comfortable. Adequate storage where I can put a coffee in the center holder and water in the door (32 oz!). Storage under cargo area for ratchet straps and wife's purse. Disappointed with stiff ride at first but used to it now. Radio data system intuitive and sound quality adequate.
Favorite Features
MPG very good and getting better although part of that is due to warmer weather. I'm currently getting 27 mpg on this tank of gas, all city driving. Have gotten 32 mpg highway. Great visibility, turning radius, traction from slippery intersection. Can't wait to put on snow tires. Steering controls for radio and cruise very useable. Display is small but high on dash which is nice because you just look down a bit when checking radio station, mileage, etc. . .Controls built into key which puts a lot of control into a small package.
Suggested Improvements
Lock doors automatically when put into drive.