2014 Subaru Forester Consumer Review: Happy after 2 weeks

2014 Subaru Forester - Consumer Review

92,474 of 92,499 people found this review helpful
Happy after 2 weeks
By chicagoblues on

2014 Subaru Forester 2.5i Limited PZEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I've had my '14 Forester in the Limited trim model and I've been delighted. So many things people have already noted are true: the terrific visibility, the great mileage, the quality of the interior features, the quiet and stable ride. I've noticed, too, that it has a nimble feel, with a very tight turning radius. Responsive steering, perfectly adequate acceleration with the CVT normally aspirated engine. I'm happy with the sound system--I went for the tweeter upgrade--and I like the all weather package, power lift gate and leather which are standard on the Limited.

Some people have complained about the seats, but I think they're great. You're up high and it feels more like a chair than a quasi-reclining car seat. The powered seat on the driver's side has great lumbar support and a zillion options. I like the expansive moon roof, but I wish the glass was tinted. Really like the roomy cargo area and how easily the seats fold down. I've already done a trip in the '14 Forester and found that the published MPG ratings were accurate--it gets great mileage. I think the ipod interface works great although you're limited to one playlist or album without re-connecting the ipod to switch playslists.

1) Put a power seat on the passenger side: 2) tint the moon roof; 3) had the nav system gotten better reviews I might've considered it--I use my garmin and let it rest in the cubby in front of the gear shifter and it works fine, but Subaru can do a better job with the gps system; 4) more attachments/hooks for securing cargo in the rear would be appreciated; 5) I like the little mult-function display which can be used to display a variety of info but I think it could be designed to be bigger; 6) I like the ipod interface but wish I didn't have to unplug my ipod to change playlists or albums--I just leave my 11,000 song ipod on shuffle, but I wish I could navigate it easier with the car.
Recommend (92,474) (25)
By dawgmobile
on 05/12/13 19:40 PM (PDT)

You can change playlists. Need to use the MFD set to the audio screen and then hit list.