Great Vehicle
By fad1520 on
2014 Subaru Forester 2.5i Touring PZEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)
I took delivery of my Forester on March 21. I have about 4K miles on the car to date. I traded in a 2005 Honda Element. Boy, what an upgrade this has been. The car is fun to drive and handles great. I have been averaging about 30 MPG with a mix of highway and city. The radio and navigation system are not difficult to operate as other reviews have pointed out. My 10 year old daughter had it figured out in no time. The nav system works great. I had to meet some work colleagues at a supplier about an hour away from home and I was the only one who made it to the right location. The others used the iphone and got lost.
Favorite Features
The blue tooth audio feature is great. Even streaming Spotify I am able to have the artist, title and album displayed. The overall visibility is fantastic from the driver's perspective. I was torn between the Forester and the CX5 until I was able to test drive both and I made the right decision. The center console storage area is large enough to hold a "Kindle Fire" safely out of sight. Under the back cargo area where the spare tire is located are some great spaces to stores things completely out of view.
Suggested Improvements
Tinted moon roof glass and another spot to put spare change. The change holder/tray in the armrest is not very user friendly since you have to remove the tray to get into the storage area.