Great performance 2.5 liter engine with CVT
By john_in_tc on
2014 Subaru Forester 2.5i Premium PZEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)
I have only driven 1,000 miles so the engine isn't at peak performance, but I am impressed. I get 28 mpg driving around Traverse City. On two highway trips I got 32 mpg against a wind with the air conditioner on, and 33 on the return on a still day. I was driving at 62 - 64 on two lane roads and 70 - 75 on four lane interstates. When passing on two lane roads the car accelerates from 55 - 85 very quickly. The car is very quiet, and the ride is good for a short wheel base SUV. I find the seats and the driving position very comfortable. The dash displays could be improved. The speedometer is too small, and the information on the display screen is hard to navigate through.
Favorite Features
Great gas mileage for AWD suv. Very quiet ride - much better than our old RAV4. Both the driver and the passenger seats are at chair height - much better than older Subaru's. There is plenty of leg room in the back seat. There is a lot of room under the front seats for rear seat passengers to place their feet. Lots of cargo room, and great visability.
Suggested Improvements
Add more storage areas around the car - add a second glove box, and enlarge the storage bins in the doors. The console storage area is deep, but not big enough from front to back. Take the gear selector off the floor and put it on the dash or the steering column to make more room. Change the speedometer from the current small analog dial to a large digital display like the Honda Civic. I didn't want the Subaru navigation system because the passenger can't use it while the car is moving - what were they thinking? When we are on a highway trip and are ready to eat, we always query the navigator to see what choices are ahead.