2014 Subaru Forester Consumer Review: Good power but skeptical about

2014 Subaru Forester - Consumer Review

2.5i Touring PZEV 4dr SUV (2.5L 4-cyl. AWD CVT Automatic)

Good power but skeptical about the else
By iizqueue on

2014 Subaru Forester 2.5i Touring PZEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This SUV has solid power train. Would rate it higher if I purchased premium or limited. The power train has little difference from the basic to touring. But extras are definitely not worth $10k. Nav is a joke. Slow response. Hard to see the screen under sun. And no steering information from the vehicle?? Use your phone instead, because that's actually a better nav system. Mpg. You get 30+ mpg only when driving at 50 mph. At 70~75 mph, you get about 24 mpg. Safety. Eyesight doesn't work well when facing sun or in the dark. So it doesn't help when the driver really needs some help. Also extremely sensitive gas pedal, and extremely insensitive brake pedal.

Suggested Improvements

In 2014, this SUV does not have auto-lock. Seriously? Safety in a crash accident is important. But it is equally important to think about other safe issues. Like thefts in parking lots. Or easiness of controls. This car has too sensitive gas pedal when compared with other cars. On the other hand, you have to step on the brake pedal very deep to stop this car.
By steveomaha
on 08/09/14 08:59 AM (PDT)

Interesting comments on mileage - I bought a 2014 Nissan Rogue with CVT/2.5 engine so similar power train. Don't feel bad, I see exactly the same mileage phenomenon you do. My SUV is rated at 33 highway but does not get anything close to that and cruising at 70 might get me 28 or 29 on a good day and usually more like 27. I don't see 33 mpg happening unless on cruise control at 55 mph at 68 F with a totally flat surface, LOL.