2014 Subaru Forester Consumer Review: Fun crossover, worth the wait!

2014 Subaru Forester - Consumer Review

2.5i Premium PZEV 4dr SUV (2.5L 4-cyl. AWD CVT Automatic)

Fun crossover, worth the wait!!
By hazeley on

2014 Subaru Forester 2.5i Premium PZEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

After 6 weeks of wait, I finally received my marine blue Forester premium. I _love_ this vehicle. It's zippy, responsive and fun to drive. It has a nice tight turn radius and is easy to maneuver. It feels safe. It has great ground clearance but still seems to hug the road in stormy weather. It's also really open and very easy to see everything around you, and the premium model has a backup camera included.

The panoramic moonroof is AMAZING. I love how open the whole vehicle feels. The gas mileage is amazing, 32 mpg on highway (which is what I drive most). The computer also will tell you real time what your mpg is, so you can learn to adjust your driving to be a little smarter.

The cargo area is less practical than it looks. I was hoping to fit a dog crate for my lab in there. While there's a lot of floor space, the interior curves inward as the car rises, so my crate isn't going to work. I got a car divider, but having to raise the hatch without my dog restrained is always a worrying moment. He's pretty good about waiting, except if squirrel. On the plus side, the cargo area is not in the crumple zone for this vehicle, so I don't worry about his safety while I am driving. The Bluetooth phone connection and speaker also seems like it could use some work. It works, but it's not as clear as other brands.