2014 Subaru Forester Consumer Review: First subaru

2014 Subaru Forester - Consumer Review

2.5i Premium PZEV 4dr SUV (2.5L 4-cyl. AWD CVT Automatic)

First subaru
By fannibal on

2014 Subaru Forester 2.5i Premium PZEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I've had my car for 2 weeks and I absolutely love it! It is definitely a practical buy, so people looking for prestige/performance should look elsewhere. mpg is great, I am getting 28-30 in the first few hundred miles, even though I am mostly in 20-30mph traffic during most of my commute. I recently drove through a major snowstorm in the northeast and this thing performed wonderfully!

Visibility is amazing. I feel like I am in a fishbowl. I applaud subaru for not going the way of making a cramped interior just so that it looks "sporty." I also love that the gauges are in red- this preserves night vision, and I applaud subaru engineers for having the will power to not make things blue/white, which are more popular and futuristic looking these days.

The stereo system looks a bit dated, and the speaker quality is mediocre. the quality of some of the materials could be better. But overall, you are getting the SAFEST, most reliable, and most practical car out there. I absolutely love it! I feel safe that my money went to the best engineers. quality where you absolutely need it!