Fantastic choice
By jdherzog13 on
2014 Subaru Forester 2.5i Limited PZEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)
After test driving the Rav4, CX-5 and Forester, there was no debate between my wife and I. 2 months in, we love it even more than we thought we would. Fuel efficiency is awesome, I sometimes get 36 mpg on the highway. Interior is highly functional and a great value. No its not a BMW, but for the price tag its exactly what I expected. Having gone from the VW GTI, not the same driving experience, but I do think performance is adequate. The open cabin, comfortable ride and top motch AWD make this an overall fantastic choice for people who want a mix of urban and off road testing. we've taken a few outdoor adventure trips and its been great.
Favorite Features
fuel efficiency, quiet ride + interior cabin. it feels like being in an open top jeep with the massive windows and light everywhere.
Suggested Improvements
the "whine" other reviews mention in the sub 20 mph shifting is real. again I'd rather have fuel efficiency over perceived performance, but it is a tad but annoying in stop and go city driving.
By ehrendog
on 06/25/14 10:37 AM (PDT)

Have same Car and agree with all your considered comments.. I also tried all the other SUV's and Forester is superior. I get 32mpg hwy and 25mpg city