DISAPPOINTED - TERRIBLE RIDE
By theadman95 on
2014 Subaru Forester 2.5i Premium PZEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)
I've driven a 2006 Forester until now which I loved, but unfortunately hit a deer (great crash test results, however!) This one has some pros: roomy, great views, love the CVT, peppy, nice radio, but: This car has the worst ride of any vehicle I've ever driven. I don't know how they passed this new suspension. If you have back problems or kidney problems, this is not your vehicle. You will feel every tiny bump in the road. Other reviewers have called the ride 'skittish', 'unsettled', 'jittery', 'tiresome and annoying'. I agree with all of those. It is a very hard ride, very jarring - constantly bumping and jostling, while at the same time rocking side to side. It's a shame because
Favorite Features
Roomy, great views, nice radio, CVT transmission is great
Suggested Improvements
Scrap the current suspension and go back to the drawing board. Worst ride ever.
By ehrendog
on 06/25/14 13:24 PM (PDT)

My wife loves the smooth ride of the Forester...no complaints and much better than the CRV we had...

By dawgmobile
on 03/23/14 19:07 PM (PDT)

Have you checked the tire pressure. Many people have noted that dealer's are putting the tires @ 40+ psi; that's way over the top and leading to a lot of handling complaints. Getting it to the ideal level (30/29) really helps.

By luvsubaru
on 03/13/14 18:45 PM (PDT)

I have owned a 2014 Subaru Forester Premium since April 2013. Current mileage about 13,500. It rides great when the tire pressures are set to factory specs: 30 psi in the front, and 29 psi in the rear. I have made two long trips from Missouri, one to Virginia/Maryland and one to Dover, DE including some snowy road conditions. Very secure tracking and performance with the CVT and AWD. Averaged 30 mpg on my trips. Very comfortable experiences both long distance and locally.