2014 Subaru Forester Consumer Review: Apri 9-2014

2014 Subaru Forester - Consumer Review

2014 Subaru Forester

2.0XT Premium 4dr SUV (2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo AWD CVT Automatic)

Apri 9-2014
By htrivedi on

2014 Subaru Forester 2.0XT Premium 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I bought this car on 3/21/14 after a lot of research and I am little bit disappointed. The ride is annoying what I mean by this is when you drive on an intelligent mode, you feel every bump or uneven surfaces. When you start the car, engine shakes so does my left feet. I have a back problem and this is not good for my back. Seat is not big for comfort. I hope I better get use to this or I might have to sell this car. Driving in "S" mode is ok but uses lot of gas. I might have to do second review after 5k miles...still confused about this car. Please rent this car for 1 week and then buy. I highly recommend.

18" killer rims, Audio system, Steering wheel, 4 wheel drive, brakes, huge sun roof. Nice comfy second row seats only reclines up to 1" or 2" . Eye Glasses box. For Visibility, I will rank this SUV#1.

Make seats bigger. Mud guard or splash guard shouldn't be optional for turbo models. All New model should have Floor liner not a cheap floor mates. I have to pay extra for Fog lights and Splash guards. I just spent $195.00 for floor liner front and back seats from weather tech. My advice to anyone who wants to buy any SUV or car, please rent that specific car for 1 week.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review
By htrivedi
on 04/22/14 08:39 AM (PDT)

Thanks for your advice. No, I have not driven any "SUV" before trying to Subaru and that's my fault. I am a consumer reports fan and I saw the video 2014 motor trend "SUV" of the year ..on you tube I just got 679 miles...on this SUV. This is a different kind o f an animal so I am getting use to it. I am definitely sure that this car is burning some oil and when I start the car engine goes to very high and cools down within a minute or two but first two minutes you can feel the shaking. I just have to wait it until engine breaks in.

By fred25
on 04/13/14 19:41 PM (PDT)

I would like to know what vehicle did you have before you purchased your Subaru and how long did you own it. Make model and year. Also it's a widely know fact that a turbo uses a lot more gas and usually premium fuel is required. The posted mileage is only a guide. Did you look into other small SUV and what did you look into. As far as the extras Subaru does not give you that unless you purchase packages. They do not produce the number of vehicles that the other companies manufacturer so they are frugal on the minor things - but they built a solid car. The vehicle is still new and it takes time to really break it in usually about 10 to 20 k