2014 Subaru Forester Consumer Review: AMAZED!

2014 Subaru Forester - Consumer Review

2.5i Touring PZEV 4dr SUV (2.5L 4-cyl. AWD CVT Automatic)

By pfriday68 on

2014 Subaru Forester 2.5i Touring PZEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

AMAZED! Took delivery on Friday and put on 378 miles going to the coast. Over mountains, up grades, in rain, got 34 MPG on the first tank! On the hwy with cruise set at 60 was getting 36! More power than expected. No power loss up hills or plenty of power for passing. Comfortable with terrific visibility! Traded 2010 Xterra OR due to horrible mileage (14/18). Gave up towing power but that is all! This easily has the pep of the Xterra in the mountains! Eric D at Capitol Subaru in Salem, OR went above and beyond and I had a terrific sales experience! I love this car. It does it all for me and I've been looking for this for a long time! Maybe there is something to this Subaru Love stuff!

GAS MILEAGE, GAS MILEAGE, GAS MILEAGE! AWD, huge sunroof, light grey leather interior, great stereo on the Touring, tons of legroom (I'm 6'4"), cargo space, amazing visibility, heated seats, Xdrive, nav. system is easy to figure out, Gave up towing ability and sit lower than the Xterra, but feels solid, balanced, not top heavy,

Maybe a way to adjust the brightness of the nav/stereo system as needed or while driving. I may just not know how yet.
By pfriday68
on 03/25/13 08:50 AM (PDT)

UPDATE...3 weeks and 1500 miles. Worst tank average MPG was 29! I am not gunning it but driving normally. Xmode works well (tried it on sand, on a rock path and a muddy logging road) and it's good to know I have that capability when needed. I guess if I had to have something to complain about it would be the small water bottle/cup holders and smallish in door side pockets for maps etc. I'd prefer they were bigger. Really I can find little to complain about. It drives great, mileages is amazing coming from a car that got 16 mpg. It is a great road trip car. Very quiet and smooth. (Again, I am coming from an 2010 Xterra OR)

By pfriday68
on 04/10/13 10:36 AM (PDT)

UPDATE...2300 miles. Now that I'm used to the car and driving regularly, I am consistantly getting 29.5 mpg with mixed highway and city driving! I'm not babying it and not driving crazy either. Easily seeing 32 to 34 on highways and 25 to 27 around town. Happy happy.