After much thought...
By paul271 on
2014 Subaru Forester 2.5i Limited PZEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)
I have been looking at Subaru Foresters for about two years. I loved my 2008 Honda CRV but wanted to go with an AWD. Reading reviews of small SUV's on Edmunds and getting into the cars moved me slowly toward the Forester. My search resulted in three finalists, the 2013 Hyundai Santa Fe, Mazda CX-5, and 2014 Forester. All are fine choices but the Forester drove so well and with absolutely amazing visibility. Even though the frame sits up high the car has a low center of gravity and very large windows. With the exception of the high (and safe) back head rests, there is no blind spot. Lots of little details suggest great attention to detail in visible and invisible places.
Favorite Features
Excellent visibility, interior cabin simple elegance, lots of little details to the advantage of the driver, such as the center arm rest that moves forward three inches, the driver lock and window buttons that angle out for ease of use. Cabin seems very quiet, much more so than the Honda CRV.
Suggested Improvements
Multi-function screen on the dash is a little complicated to program so owners manual essential.