I have to smile every time I drive this car
By asutter1 on
2014 Subaru Forester 2.5i Premium PZEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)
Purchased this car a little over 5 months ago and have about 7500 miles on it. 3 big trips, driving around town and my wife's 25 mile commute to work. I love driving this car no matter where I am driving. I am amazed at all the room in this car. At 6', I am used to having to put the drivers all the way back, but not in Forester. Second row leg room is unbelievable. Our 3 person family is used to taking trips in a Grand Caravan, but enjoyed taking this car instead. Everything still fit, but a nicer ride. CVT transmission is nice on cruise control as it can keep the speed steadier than auto transmission. Visibility is great, both with the height off the ground and the large windows.
Favorite Features
CVT transmission has surprisingly good low-end torque. Very effortless acceleration from a stop light. Loved driving this car on dirt roads in the Adirondack mountains! Very smooth and no worries about hitting rocks. It was so much fun driving through the woods with the huge moon roof open, the windows down. Gas mileage is very good. We've averaged about 29 MPG over the 7500 miles we have driven it. Highway mileage is sensitive to speed. 34 MPG at 60 MPH, but 30 at 70 MPH. Headlights are very bright, both low and high. The information display is nice for seeing gas mileage, what song is playing on the radio, outside temp, time, etc. Seats are very comfortable.
Suggested Improvements
The sound system has excellent sound and you can pair phones but only one bluetooth audio device. It is a generation or 2 behind in sophistication and ease of use compared to Honda or Ford. Towing capacity could be higher. Stayed away from the GPS system since I read that it was hard to use. We have had to live with less storage space up front compared to our Grand Caravan, but it's not a fair comparison.