2014 Subaru Forester - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Forester model:
Premium Feel With the Premium Price
By 08subaru on 03/31/13 06:26 AM (PDT)

2014 Subaru Forester 2.5i Premium PZEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Having test driven the Forester we knew this was a very good vehicle & one that bested our older cars (07 and 08 Impreza) in nearly every way. As the miles have passed both my mom and I have become more & more impressed with these vehicles. The ride is sublime, yet the Forester handles like a car half its size with little pronounced body roll. The quality of the interior is vastly improved with a soft touch dash & no squeaks or rattles. Also, this is a very easy car to drive with an incredible visibility & back up camera. And in spite of being bigger and heavier I'm already averaging better fuel economy then my Impreza. Subaru has clearly made an incredible car, that is why we bought two!

Big investment..looking for big reward.
By readytodrive on 03/21/13 15:05 PM (PDT)

2014 Subaru Forester 2.5i Premium PZEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I bought this car after shopping for two months. I kept coming back to it, I like the clean line look, the great visibility and with the premium enough new gadgets but not to overwhelming. I haven't owned the car long...it is a 2014! However, I would suggest to anyone to drive the car both day and night. I HATE the dashboard lighting...it is red. Without 20/20 vision it makes it extremely difficult to see the small icons. Comfort is good but not luxurious. Value was fair. Design is simple and inexpensive hardware. Reliability, visibility and reputation was the selling points. Not getting promised gas mileage yet. On first tank of gas. Look to own this car for long time.

AMAZED!
By pfriday68 on 03/10/13 16:31 PM (PDT)

2014 Subaru Forester 2.5i Touring PZEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

AMAZED! Took delivery on Friday and put on 378 miles going to the coast. Over mountains, up grades, in rain, got 34 MPG on the first tank! On the hwy with cruise set at 60 was getting 36! More power than expected. No power loss up hills or plenty of power for passing. Comfortable with terrific visibility! Traded 2010 Xterra OR due to horrible mileage (14/18). Gave up towing power but that is all! This easily has the pep of the Xterra in the mountains! Eric D at Capitol Subaru in Salem, OR went above and beyond and I had a terrific sales experience! I love this car. It does it all for me and I've been looking for this for a long time! Maybe there is something to this Subaru Love stuff!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2014 Subaru Forester in VA is:

$131 per month*