2014 Subaru Forester SUV Consumer Reviews 6

2014 Subaru Forester SUV - Consumer Reviews

2014 Subaru Forester 2.5i PZEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

View reviews for a specific Forester model:
Love it!
By bran1987 on 10/07/13 14:13 PM (PDT)

2014 Subaru Forester SUV 2.0XT Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

After test driving the following: CRV,CX-5, Q5,X3,Outlander,Escape, and RAV4, the forester completely won me over. I wanted something that could handle canadian winters but yet still be fun to drive. I am a young women and wanted something that was still ''cool''. I fell in love with the forester. It had the handling I required and all the bells and whistles (touch screen navigation, a sound system, the eyesight) that I wanted. It was completely fun to drive. I have a little over 580kms on it now and I still have 1/4 of a tank of gas left. She is all windows I don't think there is a blind spot in that car. I never thought I would own a Subaru but I couldn't be happier.

Review update after 2500 miles
By comiskeybum on 10/06/13 09:08 AM (PDT)

2014 Subaru Forester SUV 2.5i PZEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This is an update review after driving the car 2500 miles. I will keep it short and sweet. - I have noticed that it is somewhat hard to achieve the advertised city MPG but I attribute that to the fact that I am not a grandma driver. I actually use the gas pedal. - Highway MPG is great, even at 75MPH you can get 28-29 MPG. Keep in mind that the 32MPG advertised is achieved at 55-60 MPH. The drag coefficient goes way up once you pass 65 MPH. - I have had no problems and I am overall in love with my vehicle and the AWD system.

Best Car I've had
By bluefoot14 on 10/05/13 17:56 PM (PDT)

2014 Subaru Forester SUV 2.5i Limited PZEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This car has been a fun car to drive. I count on it everyday to get my daughter to school and me to work. It's safe, tough, high quality, and reliable.

First but not last Subaru
By houstonscott on 09/22/13 15:54 PM (PDT)

2014 Subaru Forester SUV 2.5i Touring PZEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I already have 8,000 miles on my Touring model with Eye Sight. I live in Houston but also own a home in Colorado. I have owned everything from Fords and Buicks, to Toyota, Honda, and Hyundais. The build and design quality of this Forester is truly outstanding in every way. The room inside relative to the size of the exterior is amazing. Seats are extremely comfortable, and I have back issues. The vehicle has a very pleasing tight feel.

I have to smile every time I drive this car
By asutter1 on 09/19/13 13:36 PM (PDT)

2014 Subaru Forester SUV 2.5i Premium PZEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Purchased this car a little over 5 months ago and have about 7500 miles on it. 3 big trips, driving around town and my wife's 25 mile commute to work. I love driving this car no matter where I am driving. I am amazed at all the room in this car. At 6', I am used to having to put the drivers all the way back, but not in Forester. Second row leg room is unbelievable. Our 3 person family is used to taking trips in a Grand Caravan, but enjoyed taking this car instead. Everything still fit, but a nicer ride. CVT transmission is nice on cruise control as it can keep the speed steadier than auto transmission. Visibility is great, both with the height off the ground and the large windows.

After much thought...
By paul271 on 09/16/13 09:46 AM (PDT)

2014 Subaru Forester SUV 2.5i Limited PZEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I have been looking at Subaru Foresters for about two years. I loved my 2008 Honda CRV but wanted to go with an AWD. Reading reviews of small SUV's on Edmunds and getting into the cars moved me slowly toward the Forester. My search resulted in three finalists, the 2013 Hyundai Santa Fe, Mazda CX-5, and 2014 Forester. All are fine choices but the Forester drove so well and with absolutely amazing visibility. Even though the frame sits up high the car has a low center of gravity and very large windows. With the exception of the high (and safe) back head rests, there is no blind spot. Lots of little details suggest great attention to detail in visible and invisible places.

First Subaru
By atthelake on 08/26/13 14:23 PM (PDT)

2014 Subaru Forester SUV 2.5i Premium PZEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Overall I am pretty pleased and it feels like it is built well but time will be the true judge. The ride is quiet and I like the CVT where you are always in the right gear - well not literally but its nice to feather the RPMs for just the right power without stepping across gears. After about 1000 miles I pretty much get 24/32 MPG city/hwy and could probably get higher if I kept it below 70MPH on the hwy. The seats were comfortable on a 10 hour trip and the rear camera is a first for me and works well. If you come from a Ford sync system you will find the connectivity less robust and more challenging to set up. See additional suggestions below.

A very satisfying car
By ralphyboy1 on 08/25/13 18:09 PM (PDT)

2014 Subaru Forester SUV 2.5i PZEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

After what seemed like years looking for the right car, I bought the new 2014 Forester for my wife. The Consumer Reports review tipped it for me. We've had it about a month and a half now, with about 3500 miles. All the things said about it are true - good gas mileage, comfortable seats, easy access, nice handling and great visability. As reported, the ride is a little jittery, but it's nothing bothersome. We took it around the Mountain Loop Highway out of Granite Falls, WA. The highway has 25 miles of unpaved, often washer board road, and here the Forester shined. It handled incredibly well and smoothed out the washer boards with a smooth controlled ride. Can't wait for winter.

Good for the money
By kw_co on 08/25/13 07:52 AM (PDT)

2014 Subaru Forester SUV 2.5i Premium PZEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I have the 6 speed manual and got about 30 mpg on the highway with average speed of 75 mph. Put 3500 miles on it in the first two weeks (road trip). Drove down the Pacific Highway (CA 1) and it handled pretty well. It was a little underpowered going up steep hills in the Rockies (had to change down to 4th), but that's not why I bought it, as I will do 99.99% of my driving on the flat. It did OK in San Francisco though, with a lower speed limit in 2nd. It's mainly intended as a runabout which will get me through the odd snow day. It serves that purpose extremely well.

LOVE THIS VEHICLE
By divakeys on 08/21/13 04:32 AM (PDT)

2014 Subaru Forester SUV 2.5i Limited PZEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I have come from 2 new cars in the last 4 years that had have mechanical problems, one being a Honda, so I bought this in hopes of a better exp. (We'll see about reliability, only time will tell) This care is awesome-at first, I was not impressed with how barren the interiors of Subarus are, but now I get it. Give me a great car with an simple design, and that's what I have. I get great gas mileage because I am VERY careful about not "gunning" it...28/32, and I only have 1800 miles on the car. Loads of space, giant moonroof, great visibility. Only quibble is that the armrest/center cubical is small. I look forward to many years with this car!!