2014 Subaru Forester - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Forester model:
Great SUV
By doug_g on 11/06/13 17:28 PM (PST)

2014 Subaru Forester 2.5i PZEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

We have a 2102 which so far has been bulletproof, and the 2014 is a huge improvement. Much better handling, peppier, and much better fuel mileage than the 2012.

Great but could be better
By mrtuvo on 11/04/13 19:34 PM (PST)

2014 Subaru Forester 2.0XT Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

The car is very responsive and easy to drive. The seats are comfortable and the rear seats have plenty of legroom. It feels very sporty for an SUV. Visibility is great -- the best out of any vehicles I have ever driven. I also test drove the CR-V and CX-5 and ultimately decided on the Forester for the power and handling and down right fun to drive factor. CR-V was boring .... CX-5 felt a little sluggish even with the latest engine, and it was harder to get in/out of due to high step in ... also back seats felt cramped. The upgraded harmon kardon stereo sounds just ok .... blue tooth works well though, buttons are small.

1,000 mile report: Happy so far
By fandango on 11/01/13 16:45 PM (PDT)

2014 Subaru Forester 2.5i Premium PZEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

My initial impressions are good. The ride is quite a bit smoother and quieter than my 2007 Impreza. The handling is pretty good for a SUV. The power is quite adequate in the mountainous terrain where I live.

Almost 3000 miles and 3 mos
By ashmatt on 10/26/13 15:10 PM (PDT)

2014 Subaru Forester 2.5i Limited PZEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

We initially were looking at the Crosstrek and perhaps the Outback. The dealer mentioned the Forester and we took it for a drive. We quickly forgot about the other two. Test drove Ford, Nissan, Honda too. When I drive the forester MPG- city/hwy 25/32. When my wife drives, which is most of the time, city/hwy 22/29. Overall a little disappointed in the gas mileage perspective, but it does better than our 2009 Camry! Price paid- 28423- Limited, option pack 2, remote start, splash guards, all weather mats. Briggs in Topeka went very smoothly.

Fantastic choice
By jdherzog13 on 10/21/13 23:27 PM (PDT)

2014 Subaru Forester 2.5i Limited PZEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

After test driving the Rav4, CX-5 and Forester, there was no debate between my wife and I. 2 months in, we love it even more than we thought we would. Fuel efficiency is awesome, I sometimes get 36 mpg on the highway. Interior is highly functional and a great value. No its not a BMW, but for the price tag its exactly what I expected. Having gone from the VW GTI, not the same driving experience, but I do think performance is adequate. The open cabin, comfortable ride and top motch AWD make this an overall fantastic choice for people who want a mix of urban and off road testing. we've taken a few outdoor adventure trips and its been great.

Love it!
By bran1987 on 10/07/13 14:13 PM (PDT)

2014 Subaru Forester 2.0XT Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

After test driving the following: CRV,CX-5, Q5,X3,Outlander,Escape, and RAV4, the forester completely won me over. I wanted something that could handle canadian winters but yet still be fun to drive. I am a young women and wanted something that was still ''cool''. I fell in love with the forester. It had the handling I required and all the bells and whistles (touch screen navigation, a sound system, the eyesight) that I wanted. It was completely fun to drive. I have a little over 580kms on it now and I still have 1/4 of a tank of gas left. She is all windows I don't think there is a blind spot in that car. I never thought I would own a Subaru but I couldn't be happier.

Review update after 2500 miles
By comiskeybum on 10/06/13 09:08 AM (PDT)

2014 Subaru Forester 2.5i PZEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This is an update review after driving the car 2500 miles. I will keep it short and sweet. - I have noticed that it is somewhat hard to achieve the advertised city MPG but I attribute that to the fact that I am not a grandma driver. I actually use the gas pedal. - Highway MPG is great, even at 75MPH you can get 28-29 MPG. Keep in mind that the 32MPG advertised is achieved at 55-60 MPH. The drag coefficient goes way up once you pass 65 MPH. - I have had no problems and I am overall in love with my vehicle and the AWD system.

Best Car I've had
By bluefoot14 on 10/05/13 17:56 PM (PDT)

2014 Subaru Forester 2.5i Limited PZEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This car has been a fun car to drive. I count on it everyday to get my daughter to school and me to work. It's safe, tough, high quality, and reliable.

First but not last Subaru
By houstonscott on 09/22/13 15:54 PM (PDT)

2014 Subaru Forester 2.5i Touring PZEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I already have 8,000 miles on my Touring model with Eye Sight. I live in Houston but also own a home in Colorado. I have owned everything from Fords and Buicks, to Toyota, Honda, and Hyundais. The build and design quality of this Forester is truly outstanding in every way. The room inside relative to the size of the exterior is amazing. Seats are extremely comfortable, and I have back issues. The vehicle has a very pleasing tight feel.

I have to smile every time I drive this car
By asutter1 on 09/19/13 13:36 PM (PDT)

2014 Subaru Forester 2.5i Premium PZEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Purchased this car a little over 5 months ago and have about 7500 miles on it. 3 big trips, driving around town and my wife's 25 mile commute to work. I love driving this car no matter where I am driving. I am amazed at all the room in this car. At 6', I am used to having to put the drivers all the way back, but not in Forester. Second row leg room is unbelievable. Our 3 person family is used to taking trips in a Grand Caravan, but enjoyed taking this car instead. Everything still fit, but a nicer ride. CVT transmission is nice on cruise control as it can keep the speed steadier than auto transmission. Visibility is great, both with the height off the ground and the large windows.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2014 Subaru Forester in VA is:

$121 per month*