2014 Subaru Forester Loaded With New Features
By mightynuke on
2014 Subaru Forester 2.5i Premium PZEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)
We purchased our 2014 Subaru Forester, 2.5i Premium/EFF on April 30, 2013. Safety features and AWD capabilities are impressive. Our 4 Cyl Boxer engine delivers 170 HP. It has very adequate acceleration from either a fully stopped position and for speeding up rapidly for passing. Other features that we like are the great visibly, large doors that extend all the way down to sealed kick panels for easy, dirt-free entry and exit, very smooth CVT tranny, very responsive steering and handling in all driving conditions, comfortable adjustable seats, AL-alloy wheels, rear view camera, 8.7-inch ground clearance. Mileage of 32 mpg hwy w/AC has also been great for a vehicle of this size and pep.
Favorite Features
Visibility; acceleration and engine power; smooth and relatively quiet ride; comfortable seats; great overall SUV styling, versatility and functionability; all-wheel-drive 100% of the time; and fun to drive.
Suggested Improvements
Bluetooth connectivity is OK but not as versatile as in other brands. For example, the system supports only one device at a time and it does not respond consistently to my voice commands. My vehicle does not have the power tailgate door, and I wish it did. We don’t use the moon roof much and I’d rather have the additional cargo space but the moon roof is included (not optional) on all models except the base model. As others have mentioned, I’d like to have more space for maps, extra drink holder, and a larger glove box.