2014 Subaru Forester Consumer Review: 2.0XT Touring is a high qualit

2014 Subaru Forester - Consumer Review

2.0XT Touring 4dr SUV (2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo AWD CVT Automatic)

2.0XT Touring is a high quality jem
By autotimer on

2014 Subaru Forester 2.0XT Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I have owned this car for two months. It is really fun to drive. I drove the2.5i Limited first but when I drove the 2.0 XT I fell in love with it. I have sacrificed gas mileage but the smooth power and increased handling capabilities sold me. Then the dealer offered me a trade in price for my car I could not pass up. I had a Mazda CX5 which was a good car but my wife had problems getting in that car and its visibility was not great. The Forester solved those problems. There is a solid high quality feeling with the Forester. Each day I drive this car I feel the refinement of its build.

Turbo engine (smooth and easy acceleration), commanding view, ease of entry and exit for driver, ample leg room in back seat, excellent sound system, easy access to oil filter and oil drain plug for owner oil changes, great handling.

Lighted glove box, lighted front sun visors, have an analog dash temperature gauge instead of an idiot light, a rear weather floor liner that covers hump.
By autotimer
on 01/05/14 18:46 PM (PST)

In response to your question, it is simply a system that puts the engine's power to all four wheels. A two wheel drive delivers power to only two wheels (the two front or the two back). You may wish to go to, http://www.ehow.com/how-does_4969350_allwheel-drive-work.html , for more detail. Have fun out there.

By pennsylvania
on 01/04/14 11:56 AM (PST)

How dose the all wheel drive work no one is talk a bout it

By autotimer
on 01/17/14 20:00 PM (PST)

Hey Pennsylvania, I see what you are after now. Go to Subaru's site, http://www.subaruofkeene.com/subaru-all-wheel-drive.htm here is an extract from it, see below. Have fun out there and keep your eyes on the road. Traction Subaru's Boxer engine sends power to all four-wheel continuously, which doubles the change of tires finding traction in any weather condition. Symmetrical engine sends more power to the wheels with the most grip (traction) to reduce sliding. Control Dividing power among all four-wheels helps provide stability and control regardless of driving conditions, which decreases the chance of a sideways spin. Balance The Symmetrical drive train is balanced, on both the right and left side, which provides a constant and predictable driving experience regardless of conditions. The balanced weight ratio increases control, regardless of a sharp right or left-hand curve.

By pennsylvania
on 01/15/14 16:07 PM (PST)

Thank you Autotimer I was asking how the Forester All wheel Drive work and was it any better thin my Envoy 4 wheel drive with the Pennsylvania Weather Snow and all that good stuff 4 wheel drive or all wheel Drive is needed and need's to work good