Used 2014 Subaru Forester 2.5i Premium PZEV Consumer Reviews - 10 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Subaru Forester - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Forester model:

2014 Subaru Forester using oil
By Laura

2014 Subaru Forester 2.5i Premium PZEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Well, thinking about trading my 2014 Forester in for something else...undecided. At 40,000 miles, I am now up to using a quart of oil in about 3000 miles. I've been having some usage, about a 1/2 quart prior, but now up to the quart stage. Terrible! So very disappointing! I had heard such great reviews on this vehicle, and now I have to pay attention to the sound. I can tell when it starts to get low, and stop and get a quart. Keeping a quart with me at all times. I have my class action suit papers here on my desk. I shouldn't even have to read all these sheets of paper, as I paid good money, and still paying! I will fill them out!!!! Now what do I buy in it's place. I did so much research to come to the Subaru conclusion, now I have to start all over!

In prosess of leasing my 3rd Subaru Forester!
By Kathy Fricke

Understand how CVT transmission functions

Do not buy this vehicle
By michael leclerc

2014 Subaru Forester 2.5i Premium PZEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I purchased a 2014 Forester in the end May of 2015 (19,000 miles). After driving for about 1200 miles the low oil light came on. The dealership topped of the oil 4 times before they would do the oil consumption test. After the test they replaced my engine(so they say). After driving the new engine for a week, the low oil light came on. Topped off oil again. Consumption test again tomorrow. 7 months of owning this vehicle and over 20 hours of waiting in the waiting room. I want my 2006 Nissan back!

Shortcuts on the 2014 Forester
By Jerry Levy

2014 Subaru Forester 2.5i Premium PZEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I owned a 1998 and 2004 Outback and they were tight, high quality cars. This car has rattles on the front dashboard and the dealer has tried but cannot fix it. Subaru even eliminated the temp. gauge in favor of a 1960s style light on the dash. The lighting in the very back storage area is poor, no light under the hood either, and there is no hook to hang dry cleaning. All in all, the interior is a disappointment but the back seat legroom is awesome and I'm happy with the highway gas mileage. Not much power in this car. If there was a 2.8 V6 option, that would add something.

Burning Oil at 7,000 miles
By bilbo

2014 Subaru Forester 2.5i Premium PZEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Car used some oil during break in but after two oil changes, one at 3000 and the next at 5000 it started using oil at the rate of more than a quart every 1,000 miles. Took the car in for a oil consumption test and noted the dealer over filled it by a 1/4 quart.

I am now on the third engine. The first Subaru replaced due to oil consumption, the second was RUINED by the service department at Lithia Subaru in Fresno and had to be replaced again by Maita Subaru in Sacramento which did a great job. The third engine does use some oil, maybe a quart or so between changes but I guess that is the best Subaru's are capable of. At least Subaru picked up the cost for the third engine too.