2014 Subaru Forester - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Forester model:
Very good, with only minor compaints
By jerrylevy on 04/07/14 13:06 PM (PDT)

2014 Subaru Forester 2.5i Premium PZEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Very spacious for its size, and very comfortable front seats with good leg room in the back and very pleased with gas mileage. Not a bad long distance driving car and four people will be very comfortable for a six hour drive.

2014 Forester BURNS OIL
By doug on 01/31/14 17:08 PM (PST)

2014 Subaru Forester 2.5i Premium PZEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I purchased a new 2014 Subaru Forester in March of 2013. Have followed all maintenance procedures per the manual. All work done at Saint J Subaru in St. Johnsbury, Vermont. 7K service completed at dealer. at 10,000 display said oil required...1 quart added. Same thing agin at 12,600 miles. Told dealer at next service, 14,300. Said bring back in 1200 miles to check. Did that and found it burned 8 ounces. Subaru will replace rings at 10.67 ounces useage. Called Subaru and they refused to do anything even though I have bought 4 Subarus.

Good for the money
By kw_co on 08/25/13 07:52 AM (PDT)

2014 Subaru Forester 2.5i Premium PZEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I have the 6 speed manual and got about 30 mpg on the highway with average speed of 75 mph. Put 3500 miles on it in the first two weeks (road trip). Drove down the Pacific Highway (CA 1) and it handled pretty well. It was a little underpowered going up steep hills in the Rockies (had to change down to 4th), but that's not why I bought it, as I will do 99.99% of my driving on the flat. It did OK in San Francisco though, with a lower speed limit in 2nd. It's mainly intended as a runabout which will get me through the odd snow day. It serves that purpose extremely well.

Premium Feel With the Premium Price
By 08subaru on 03/31/13 06:26 AM (PDT)

2014 Subaru Forester 2.5i Premium PZEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Having test driven the Forester we knew this was a very good vehicle & one that bested our older cars (07 and 08 Impreza) in nearly every way. As the miles have passed both my mom and I have become more & more impressed with these vehicles. The ride is sublime, yet the Forester handles like a car half its size with little pronounced body roll. The quality of the interior is vastly improved with a soft touch dash & no squeaks or rattles. Also, this is a very easy car to drive with an incredible visibility & back up camera. And in spite of being bigger and heavier I'm already averaging better fuel economy then my Impreza. Subaru has clearly made an incredible car, that is why we bought two!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2014 Subaru Forester in VA is:

$123 per month*