A costly mistake
By ranac on
2013 Subaru Forester 2.5X Limited PZEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)
I've owned other subarus and thought I'd try an SUV. Forresters were generally highly rated. I can't speak for prior year models, but I feel like Subaru really cheaped-out on this one. Pro-large cabin, good all around view, no blind spot, huge moon roof. Cons-cheaply appointed interior, leather seat wrinkled first week. the plastic is incredibly cheap, there is even just a piece of black "paper" behind the steering wheel as a dust protectant, not even vinyl. The body is thin guage steel, and you hear every "ping" from road debris. .The radio quality sounds like an old transistor.I am so disappointed, I am actually looking to trade it in, and take a loss....
Favorite Features
Cabin size Good visibility-no blind spots Love the AWD-goes anywhere
Suggested Improvements
Improve the quality of intererior cabin Improve dashboard Improve radio Use overall better quality for seats Ride somewhat "firm" Body-poorly assembled, the front fender/quarter panel assembly separated-this car is 3 mos old. Seat heater switch inconveniently located behind and to the right of the driver seat. Have to take eyes off the road to find it.
By gber
on 04/14/13 10:00 AM (PDT)

I have the exact impressions of the Forester, and funny, I too am thinking of trading it in for something more "substantial".

By cars4dummies
on 02/12/14 06:59 AM (PST)

I have 2010 model, and had the exact same impression. As much as I tried to like the vehicle, series of minor problems started to occur, and have made quite a few trips to the dealer in the 4 years. The latest issues were the doors either don't unlock (neither with keyfobs or with hands from the inside) or shut when it's cold. After all these issues, i truly regret purchasing and keeping this vehicle for such a long time. I am selling it pretty soon, and if you are wondering, I'd reccomend selling it and take a financial loss while it's still new, and save yourself from other issues that will occur.