Do not buy this car
By starfool on
2012 Subaru Forester 2.5X Limited PZEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)
I bought my 2012 Forester about a year and a half ago. It started to have starting issues about 3 months ago. It won't start right away, sometimes it takes a few tries holding the key for about 10 seconds. I took it to North End Subaru and they tried a few things that didn’t work, and then told me it is normal. I then took it to Prime Subaru. They couldn't find anything wrong but gave me a few tips to try. They didn't work, I called back, they also told me that the problem is normal. It does always start eventually, but it just doesn’t seem normal to me. I have read reviews of people who have had similar problems for both the 2012 & 2013 models.
Favorite Features
large moon roof
Suggested Improvements
have it start sooner than 10 seconds.
By cars4dummies
on 02/12/14 07:08 AM (PST)

I have 2010 model, and just cruising around to see what other people are saying about Subaru in general, and especially Forester. Could your problem be just because of the battery? I also noticed that mine doesn't start like a typical brand new car would either, I simply thought they used cheaper batteries just like many other parts they use are pretty cheap... I was quite surprised (and not surprised) how many people are unhappy with 2010 Forester, and I certainly regret buying and keeping it for so long as other problems will start to occur assuming 2013 is basically the same vehicle as mine.