A lot of car for the money
By methuselah38 on
2012 Subaru Forester 2.5X 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)
As the title says, considering the cost of the vehicle, I'm very pleased. My mileage is always above 31MPG (rural driving & warm weather). I'm surprised by this - but happy of course. Despite what the EPA says, I'm convinced that a gentle driver gets much better mileage with a manual transmission. The car handles like a sports car which is amazing considering its high ground clearance. The ride is quite firm but not uncomfortable. The high sitting position gives the driver wonderful 360 degree visibility. Negligible blind areas. Some road and wind noise which I don't find bothersome.
Favorite Features
Love the sound of the engine. Brisk acceleration - even with 4 adults on board. Lots of rear seat room. I'm a six footer and I don't need the seat all the way back. Lots of head room for me. Super easy oil changing for the do-it-yourselfers. Great brakes.
Suggested Improvements
Rattles. Lots of people complain about this. I've tracked down a couple of them (use some stick-on foam weather strips here and there to fix). Door bumper strips should be standard - not a super expensive option. Add a "miles to empty" feature to the trip computer. Use a more authoritative horn.