Used 2012 Subaru Forester 2.5X Limited PZEV SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Subaru Forester SUV - Consumer Reviews

2.5X Limited PZEV 4dr SUV (2.5L 4-cyl. AWD 4-speed Automatic)

View reviews for a specific Forester model:
subaru stinks
By likeitis100 on 04/16/15 13:46 PM (PDT)

2012 Subaru Forester SUV 2.5X Limited PZEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Bought a new 2012 Subaru Forester. Battery has been replaces 2Xs. Had car either jumped or towed 10Xs. Service tells me that the battery is bad nothing more. Windshield arm replaced. Window will not stay up when button pushed to wind,Seat heaters do not function properly, don't get the gas mileage claimed on sticker. Took to 2 different Subaru garages to have repairs. Neither can find a problem. Will never ever buy another Subaru under any circumstance.

Do not buy this car
By starfool on 02/03/14 16:41 PM (PST)

2012 Subaru Forester SUV 2.5X Limited PZEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my 2012 Forester about a year and a half ago. It started to have starting issues about 3 months ago. It won't start right away, sometimes it takes a few tries holding the key for about 10 seconds. I took it to North End Subaru and they tried a few things that didn’t work, and then told me it is normal. I then took it to Prime Subaru. They couldn't find anything wrong but gave me a few tips to try. They didn't work, I called back, they also told me that the problem is normal. It does always start eventually, but it just doesn’t seem normal to me. I have read reviews of people who have had similar problems for both the 2012 & 2013 models.