Used 2012 Subaru Forester 2.5X Limited PZEV SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Subaru Forester - Consumer Reviews

2012 Subaru Forester SUV

View reviews for a specific Forester model:

subaru stinks
By likeitis100

2012 Subaru Forester SUV 2.5X Limited PZEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Bought a new 2012 Subaru Forester. Battery has been replaces 2Xs. Had car either jumped or towed 10Xs. Service tells me that the battery is bad nothing more. Windshield arm replaced. Window will not stay up when button pushed to wind,Seat heaters do not function properly, don't get the gas mileage claimed on sticker. Took to 2 different Subaru garages to have repairs. Neither can find a problem. Will never ever buy another Subaru under any circumstance.

Suggested Improvements

The roadside assistance needs to be improved. An auto system calls to let you know that service is being provided by XYZ Company. They have been notified and should be dispatched shortly to help. After awhile another auto call to see if anyone has arrived. I call XYZ Company to see where they are and they tell me no one has notified them and cannot help until they get a fax. This is not unusual. This happened to me 3 times already.

Do not buy this car
By starfool

2012 Subaru Forester SUV 2.5X Limited PZEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my 2012 Forester about a year and a half ago. It started to have starting issues about 3 months ago. It won't start right away, sometimes it takes a few tries holding the key for about 10 seconds. I took it to North End Subaru and they tried a few things that didn’t work, and then told me it is normal. I then took it to Prime Subaru. They couldn't find anything wrong but gave me a few tips to try. They didn't work, I called back, they also told me that the problem is normal. It does always start eventually, but it just doesn’t seem normal to me. I have read reviews of people who have had similar problems for both the 2012 & 2013 models.

Favorite Features

large moon roof

Suggested Improvements

have it start sooner than 10 seconds.