2011 Subaru Forester Consumer Review: Subaru Symetrical AWD is Super

2011 Subaru Forester SUV - Consumer Review

Subaru Symetrical AWD is Superior to FWD-AWD From Competitors
By rockdoc8 on

2011 Subaru Forester 2.5X 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my 2011 Forester because of the Subaru Symmetrical All Wheel Drive. If you don't understand why Subaru Symmetrical AWD is different from on demand AWD systems then you are not going to appreciate the true beauty of the Forester. After 2 snow storms in 2 weeks I am a believer. This car is so well behaved! I base my opinions on being a previous owner of a CRV, Toyota Tacoma and an X-terra. The front seats could be a little larger but I am large 62 and find them comfortable for extended driving. The new engine is robust and provides adequate acceleration. 4-speed auto is not a issue. This is a driver's car due to good driver's visibility, seating position, and full time AWD.

Subaru All Wheel Drive Subaru Boxer Engine Safety Record Excellent Driver Visibility Good Family Hauler Excellent Value at this Price Point I get 27 to 29 mpg on the highway - not bad for a full time AWD System.

Larger front seats Passenger Seat should be height adjustable More gauges on base model (temp and volt)
By ss1980
on 12/28/10 21:25 PM (PST)

Actually, I prefer the 4 speed auto. I've been driving all-American cars before with 4 speed auto and found this setup sufficient, especially for city driving. I don't like 6 or 7 gears in auto because they tend to wonder between gears all the time in city driving. This happens with my Mercedes :-( So I'd prefer 4 gears that without a tendency to wonder between gears all the time.