Pleased but with soem reservations...
By pa_mama on
2011 Subaru Forester 2.5X Premium 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)
Our main issue with our new Forester is the distinct side to side sway (floating) we see on the highway. It isn't so noticeable at lower speeds and/or winding roads. Has anyone else observed/felt this problem? I have read of sway bar and sway bar link issues in Outbacks. I wonder if there are any with the Forester. Also, I agree with the one reviewer about seat comfort. We have the heated leather seats with the lumber support and multi position driver seat adjustment but I find that after driving for any length of time my right hip and back are quite sore. I don't have any problem when sitting in the passenger seat. Also, placement of passenger assist handle above the door is odd.
Favorite Features
Nice long lap/shoulder belt fits even very large people. Not so with Honda! Honda offers no extension either like Ford does. Had Honda CRV. Got rid of it because seat belt not long enough. BluTooth on steering wheel works great. Heated leather seats wonderful. Sound system is good. Like most everything but hate side to side sway and spongey almost floating higheway ride.
Suggested Improvements
Move passenger assist handle to more convenient place.....like to the right of windshield near top of door. It's position above the door helps not one bit when getting in or getting out. As far as assisting in getting in and out it is useless as teats on a bull.