2011 Subaru Forester Consumer Review: Not as good as I hoped

2011 Subaru Forester - Consumer Review

2.5X 4dr SUV (2.5L 4-cyl. AWD 5-speed Manual)

Not as good as I hoped
By musiclvr1 on

2011 Subaru Forester 2.5X 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

6 months and 11k miles so far. own 3 other vehicles that are also driven on the same roads, parked in the same place, etc. only car with a cracked windshield? the forester. only car with hail damage? the forester. I almost 6 ft tall, and can not find a comfortable position. No telscoping wheel really sucks, as I have long legs and unless the seat is fully back, my legs are cramped if driving for any length of time, but then my arms are held nearly straight out to reach the wheel. I think the body is made of foil instead of sheat metal, recent light hail storm left 18 dents in the car. my other cars, not a single dent. radio is horrible, interior plastic feels cheaper every day.

I do love the AWD, and performance is good when placed in the "sport" postion. However, fuel economy is not so great. average in town hard driving in sport about 24, in normal mode light throttle slower freeway, around 28.5 good cargo space, love the oil filter placement for when I start doing my own changes. oem tires were horribly noisy on grooved roads, replaced them after 3 weeks.

Telescoping wheel even in base models. lumbar support availabe in base models. Floor heat that works !! Better glass in the windshield!! even a little better sheet metal would help. Better sound proofing.