2011 Subaru Forester Consumer Review: Mixed feelings

2011 Subaru Forester - Consumer Review

Mixed feelings
By brucee2 on

2011 Subaru Forester 2.5X 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Have had my Forester for 13 months, 42,000 km. (26,000 miles). Quite happy with the ride, handling, steering, brakes & overall design. Of course, the AWD is great. What is totally unacceptable for me is the drivers seat comfort. (unfortunately, a 20 or 30 minute test drive when buying a car does not expose this problem). I realize we are all built differently, but for my 5' 7" body, it just doesn't work. Headed for Florida a couple of weeks ago & had to turn back in South Carolina because of severe back pain. Will never attempt a long trlip in this vehicle again. No matter how good a vehicle is, if you can't be comfortable in the drivers seat, it is a lost cause.
By sunny41
on 04/22/12 06:12 AM (PDT)

I just discovered that yesterday. Make sure that your lumber support are used properly (if you have it) or get a aftermarket seat support for your back. I have problem riding most of the SUV's if not a luxury brand because I have bad back. And my back problem started after I bought my first SUV (97 Honda CR-V). So be careful. I ran across a very nice back support item in Marshall's -- OBUS Ultra Forme for the CR-V I had. I plan to use it if the lumber support in the car seat does not help. Yep, I hear you. Had I known this before, I would not buy it. Not all vehicles are like this though. Good luck!