Hate this car - complete lack of power
By jenn_outdoors on
2011 Subaru Forester 2.5X Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)
Paid $27k, 6mo later I wanted out of this car due to complete lack of power when I would go up into the mountains. CarMax & Toyota only offered me $19k, so I went to Subaru since they offer a "Guaranteed Trade In Program", however they also only valued the car at $19k. Unfortunately now I'm stuck in a car that I hate, and I will have to look into renting a more reliable car when I want to go up into the mountains. Will NEVER make the mistake of buying a Subaru again:-(
Suggested Improvements
no guts! driving up the mountains, the engine runs at 3-6 rpm.
By godeacs
on 02/19/11 20:22 PM (PST)

Next time, do your homework BEFORE buying a vehicle! Will be curious to find out what vehicle you think is gonna race UP mountains.... To say the Forester has a "complete lack of power" is uh....stupid.

By tvcrider
on 03/18/11 12:54 PM (PDT)

jenn_outdoors, your write-up is really not a review. It is more of a manifesto on purchasing the 'wrong' vehicle. It sounds as if you needs would have been better served by the Subie Outback with the straight 6.

By f4mandolin
on 01/19/11 06:57 AM (PST)

Didn't you test drive this vehicle? Research it? You want a Forester XT with the turbo if you want to go like hell.

By subie2099
on 01/10/12 11:36 AM (PST)

I dont know why you say NO power, i drove my base 2011 Forester up the white mountains in NH and it was a workhorse. Smooth shifting of gears both up and down the slope and registered almost 28 MPG. Maybe you need to press the accelerator gradually or something.