Great vehicle for tall people
By sprivasky on
2011 Subaru Forester 2.5X Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)
This is my first time owning a Subaru and I am very pleased. I am 6'8" tall and could not be happier in this vehicle. The leg room and head room are fantastic, the ride is very comfortable, and the AWD feature is great. The exterior design is sharp and the interior design is simple. There is plenty of cargo room and the sun roof does not reduce the amount of headroom I have. The driver seat is very comfortable for long road trips and my passengers have commented on their comfortable seats. The Touring edition provides several key features that make it worth the extra money when compared to the Limited. I've only driven it 2,000 plus miles, but absolutely love this vehicle.
Favorite Features
- Head and leg room - Comfortable seats - Sun roof - Simple dash design - All Wheel Drive - Touring edition provides LED lights and puddle lights - i-Pod and USB ports - Heated windshield wipers - Rear seats fold down with push of button - Backup camera - Bluetooth - Rear seats can recline - Dual climate control - 4 Cylinder engine performs well I hope that the Subaru will be as reliable as the Consumers Report says it is.
Suggested Improvements
- Lights for vanity mirrors - Power passenger seats - Gas mileage thus far is average (22 - 24) - Automatic lights - Automatic door lock when vehicle put in Drive - Enhanced stereo system
By sprivasky
on 02/25/12 13:23 PM (PST)

Just wanted to give a 14 month update now that it's Feb. 2012. I've put 30,000 miles on my Forester already and still love it. The vehicle has been running great and I can't complain about anything. Still a great vehicle. Only comment is that I MAY buy snow tires next winter. During this winter I had approx. 25,000 miles on my tires and there were times in Michigan where my car handled fine, but think snow tires may help add traction. Last winter when my tires were brand new they handled perfectly. Thanks SUBARU!!!

By ss1980
on 12/28/10 21:29 PM (PST)

I'm 6'1" and I found the head room more than ample. Even the sunroof doesn't intrude much into the head room space. Compared with my Buick Allure (=LaCrosse), where I constantly bump my head against the ceiling, the Forester is a joy!