I have been driving this car since November 2010, and I have mixed feelings about this car.
On the good side, it has handled very well from last winter (heavy snow, ice and rain) with winter tires and AWD drive.
Also, I have total 360 degree view for turning and backing up without needing a rear view camera.
I also love the tight turning capability (useful for U-turn and tight parking spaces).
The bad side is Subaru's failure of attention of details, particularly the moon roof, and driver seat.
The moon roof rattles --particularly the build-in wind visor--when it is closed.
This has annoyed me very much.
Also, the driver seat is hard and so very uncomfortable for long drive.
- Symmetrical AWD
- Tight turning radius
- Large moonroof
- Easy to access oil filter (if you are do it yourself type of person)
- Timing chain
- Good stopping/braking distance
- Great 360 degree view for turning, and backing up without a rear view camera
- Moon roof particularly the build in wind visor annoyingly rattles when moon roof is closed.
- Driver seat is uncomfortable for long drive
(I fixed this by using a comfortable pad)
- Below average standard sound speakers
- Radio has few seconds delay after turning it on for the sound to come out
I've had 4 vehicles from 3 different brands, including 2 Hondas, with moonroofs, and every one developed some kind of issue, whether it be rattles and creaking, to misalignment of the panel over time when closing it. I am concerned about the Forester with its oversized moonroof; my preference would be not to have one on my next vehicle. I totally agree and feel your pain-rattles right above your head are very annoying! I wonder if anyone else has experienced the issues mentioned by pvp5.