First Subie and Immediately Happy With It
By golfnpackers on
2011 Subaru Forester 2.5X Premium 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)
I've ridden in the Ford Escape - no. Test drove the Nissan Rogue - awful interior. Test drove the Honda CRV - pretty nice. Test drove a Subaru Forester - bingo! As soon as we got in, we were immediately impressed with the solid feel of this vehicle. Roominess was amazing, especially for my 6'1" husband is a big guy and has huge shoulders. He is completely happy with the spaciousness, leg room (which is 2" more than the CRV), and head room. It drives smoothly, corners well and has tight steering and turning radius. Had a Honda Civic, so kind of used to a quality drive, and the Forester doesn't disappoint. Also liked the Honda Civic, but we were attracted to the AWD in the Forester.
Favorite Features
Interior, drive is smooth, AWD, Yokohama Geolander tires. Size: not too big and not too small. Solid feel. Super service from dealership.
Suggested Improvements
Radio sound needs improving - even my Honda Civic sounded better. The radio knobs are really tiny and when using volume, sometimes accidentally turns off radio. Moon roof is actually too large for my taste and a tad windy inside when using it as compared to our 2010 Honda Civic.