2011 Subaru Forester Consumer Review: Bought New and Traded-In after

2011 Subaru Forester - Consumer Review

2.5X 4dr SUV (2.5L 4-cyl. AWD 5-speed Manual)

Bought New and Traded-In after 13 Months
By 94accordwagon on

2011 Subaru Forester 2.5X 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the 2011 Subaru Forester X Premium brand new in December of 2010. I only drove it for a very short local road test which was a mistake. I had the car for a few months and wasn't happy with the bumpy ride, the wheel base is too short. My wife who is my main passenger couldn't stand the passenger seat which is mounted so low with no height adjustment. The heat doesn't blow down on your feet so you take forever to get warm. Gas mileage, particularly with the outdated 4-speed automatic transmission is terrible. I couldn't take it anymore and traded it in in February 2012. I bought 2012 Outback, a softer ride has a longer wheelbase while the car is only 9 inches longer.

I see that the 2012 Foresters now have a passenger seat that you can elevate manually. How much more would the car cost if if it had a power electric passenger seat? Kick the wheelbase up a little longer like Toyota did with the Rav4 back in 2004. I drove a 2012 Rav4 on a 2 hour trip in mixed driving and the ride is 100% better than the Forester and super gas mileage and driver visibility to the rear equal to the Forester.