Bang for the buck
By Java2 on
2011 Subaru Forester 2.5X Premium 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)
I test drove 2010 Forester (and CR-V) after a great deal of research. The ride quality and handling was better on Forester. It offered features I needed and was within my price range. But, I decided to wait for the 2011 model since it was going to have additional torque (174 pound feet compared to 170), slightly better mileage, and standard bluetooth. I recently purchased the 2011 Forester Premium (Automatic with all-weather package and Tom Tom navigation). The ride is excellent and handling is superior (it hugs the tight corners very well). It has great cost/benefit - loads of features (huge moonroof, heated front seats, power driver seat, ample cargo space, bluetooth, USB, etc).
Favorite Features
I got TomTom navigation option, which provides MP3 playback, rear view camera, and DVD playback (it is cheaper than standard navigation). Other favorite features: Handling, AWD, panoramic moonroof, cargo space, heated seats, good mileage (I am averaging about 25 miles/gallon), and ample leg room.
Suggested Improvements
The engine has some vibration at start up - the car vibrates at idle intermittently until the coolant temperature light turns off(The dealer tells me that it is common with boxer engines). It would be nice to have 5 or 6 speed transmission (instead of 4 speed) and better sound/speakers quality.