Bad Choice for Comfort
By Anonymous on
2011 Subaru Forester 2.5X Premium 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)
I have had this car for over a month and from day one had problems with driver seat issue. So far only 700 miles on it because it is too painful to drive. Test drove another car than what I purchased thinking they all were the same. Saleman was real pushy and rushed me into sale. My mistake. Cloth seat is so uncomfortable that I now have major upper and lower back problems that I have to go to physical therapy. Love a car that I can't drive!! Dealership and Subaru refuse to acknowledge the problem. Should have bought the Honda CRV!! Will NEVER buy another Subaru.
Favorite Features
Visibility 360 degrees. Cargo space. Moonroof. Handles very well in rain.
Suggested Improvements
Get better seats and better customer service. Daashboard could be updated.
By xira
on 02/21/11 13:59 PM (PST)

Sorry to read the rude comments by the people above. I didn't find the Forester seats comfortable enough, either, as I also have back issues (and I bought the top-of-the-line Forester). I solved the problem buy buying Tempur-pedic foam cushions from Relax the Back (for seat bottom and also for seat back) and then keeping them on securely by covering them with custom sheepskin seat covers. Hope this idea helps.

By 08subaru
on 01/09/11 14:54 PM (PST)

So my understanding is you drove a Forester with leather seats, then bought a car with cloth seats. The car is not to blame. Its you. Simply being observant and asking questions could have save you the pain of "major upper and lower back problems" and the cost of physical therapy. And something tells me that if the cloth seats were as bad as you make them out to be, someone else, like my 80 year old grandma who owns a 2010 Forester 2.5X Special Edition, would have complained as well about "major upper and lower back problems".

By naomispilot
on 03/06/11 19:49 PM (PST)

The base models lack lumbar support. Even the power seats (10 way) took some tweaking to get "just right." Now that I have them where I want them, it's all good.