After One Year
By downsouth1 on
2011 Subaru Forester 2.5X 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)
I have owned my 2011 Subaru Forester Limited for one year now. Here are the facts: Fun to drive Good gas mileage (getting around 22 in town and 28 on highway if not loaded down). My wife has the 2011 outback and gets even better mileage but it has the CVT transmission instead of the Foresters 4 speed transmission. Waiting for Subaur to change the transmission in the Forester. Rating: Consumer Reports (which I trust) rates the vehicle very high and is one of the reasons I purchased the Forester. The other influencing factor was the AWD. Ride: I found the ride to be good and I am satisfied with it. Quality: The interior's materials and the exterior's metal not so good.
Favorite Features
All wheel drive. For an all wheel drive vehicle good gas mileage. Reliability. Easy to enter and exit from the car seats. Visibliity is good.
Suggested Improvements
Improve the interior quality and the quality/finish of the exterior. Include Satellite Radio, not just Satellite ready. Improve transmission.
By friendly01
on 04/19/14 17:39 PM (PDT)

I can hardly bend over anymore, I did not realize how much the Forester Drivers Seat was affecting my back. Recently I used a 2002 Focus we have with over 100,000 miles on it. Immediately I felt the relief in my back because the Focus Seat after 100,000 still was a better and more support seat then our 2011 Forester. It makes us sick we love the Forester however every time we go some where I can expect to get there in pain and discomfort. Our salesman used to sell Saturns and he told us Saturn actually installed a clients old Saturn in her new Saturn with material for the new Saturn. We are retired and can not afford to replace the Forester however I keep reading reviews on other sites that the Forester and some other Subaru models have seats that are terrible. IF WE KNEW THIS BEFORE WE PURCHASE OUR SUBARU WE WOULD NEVER WOULD HAVE PURCHASED IT. In the last few months I was diagnosed with Prostate Cancer and trading in or purchasing another car is not in our future. I have to drive the Forester for my cancer treatments. The ride there was more painful then the 45 radiation treatments I received.

By friendly01
on 04/19/14 17:39 PM (PDT)