2011 Subaru Forester 2.5XT Premium Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Subaru Forester - Consumer Reviews

2011 Forester Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Forester model:

Sort Reviews by

a definite value pick for a compact SUV
By jamesosan

2011 Subaru Forester 2.5XT Premium 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 4A)

This vehicle is blast! A nostalgic cruiser for the senses. The panaramic roof set back brings all the smells of a coastal day trip to the senses. The turbo 4-boxer compliments the incredible handling. The overstated concerns for a 4 speed tranny is an effort in futility. If we were questioning the lastest porsche with this tranny in play than there is a viable arguement. But this is a compact SUV for the small family or weekend enthusiast. If a gearhead is looking for the ultimate in performance than its an overstated perception that compact SUV's are not race cars. This car is a blast. When I pop the roof open it draws my three year olds attention away from the tv and towards the sky!

Favorite Features

Gas economy, safety, spacious for a person over 6 feet tall in the front and back seats. Turbo charged 4-boxer, blue tooth phone capabilities(voice prompts very responsive), perfect product for the standard needs of a consumer.

Suggested Improvements

Wish I would have purchased the back up camera my wife is horrible driver!

An honest Car!
By clobrun

2011 Subaru Forester 2.5XT Premium 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 4A)

Before I bought my Forester 2.5XT, I did a lot of research and tried many vehicles of the same type. Driving the Subaru for the first time was an interesting experience. The vehicle did exactly what the maker said it would do. Nothing more, nothing less. There were no surprises. I love my Forester a whole lot. It is great on the road and has plenty of power. You are not overwhelmed by the gadgetry. It is plain but very efficient. It has everything I need. I feel secure in it. In all, it does not disappoint. It gives you exactly what it says it will give. An honest all around vehicle.

Favorite Features

How it sticks to the road. The forester has a lot of power. I was surprised how smooth and powerful is the braking system. Good sound system and seats, and a fabulous sunroof.

Suggested Improvements

The cup hlders in the central console could be better position. They are too far back back and make it a bit uncomfortable to reach. The armrest over the central console should more a bit more forward to be fully comfortable. Dual zones climate control would be welcomed. Another small thing, the remote door opener should be on the key and not a separate item.