2011 Subaru Forester - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Forester model:
WARNING!!! Make sure to check your Oil!!!
By looney3 on 02/17/13 19:24 PM (PST)

2011 Subaru Forester 2.5X Premium 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

If you own a 2011 or newer Forester with the new engine requiring synthetic oil, Check/add oil frequently! Mine requires 1 qt added every 1800 miles on average. I read an account of another 2011 Forester owner who went just over 10,000 miles without checking or changing the oil, and the engine ran out of oil, seized and was destroyed. You will need to add 3-4 qts in between oil changes. Engine rattles loudly at startup for a few seconds. Subaru needs to fix the problem of oil use. Most people are not diligent about checking and topping up their oil. There will be many unhappy owners.

Nice overall package
By naomispilot on 03/06/11 19:59 PM (PST)

2011 Subaru Forester 2.5X Premium 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

After test drives of the competition, the ride in this SUV was the best. Steering is good, and handling is responsive. The tilt/telescope wheel and power seat make it easy to get comfortable behind the wheel. It's been good in the snow so far. I installed aftermarket mud flaps, a good choice. Paint is a little soft/scratches easily. Engine is responsive, a little noisy but revs smoothly. Gear shift is notchy but tolerable and fine when you get used to it. The things I don't like about it, I decided at the test drive I could live with. No complaints on those things. The interior is well assembled, some materials are on the cheap side.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Subaru Forester in VA is:

$93 per month*