2011 Subaru Forester - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Forester model:
Second Subie in 4 Months!
By htx3 on 10/30/11 00:40 AM (PDT)

2011 Subaru Forester 2.5X 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Awesome Car! Bought my wife a 2011 Forester Premium in July. Our first Subie. I loved it so much I went and bought a 2011 Forester for myself. Got the 2.5 X(base) 5 speed. I was a GM owner for a number of years. I am sold on Subaru! Solid reliable cars. I have no complaints!

great car
By aucat on 08/11/11 22:46 PM (PDT)

2011 Subaru Forester 2.5X 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I have had this car now for six months and am thrilled with it. I previously had a 2006 Outback, and this 2011 Forester has more interior room and gets even better mileage than the Outback did. I consistently get 32 mpg and have gotten as high as 35 mpg. I attribute this to the manual transmission. This is amazing since it is full time AWD. I live in Montana so this is absolutely necessary. I tried to seriously consider other brands, especially those by Chevy and Ford, however, I could not get within several thousand. The Nissan Rougue has come out with a similar price since I bought the Forester. I try to buy American when I can, but I just couldn't find a competing model.

Good Value for AWD
By Chris on 11/17/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Subaru Forester 2.5X 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

We’ve had a 2011 Forester 2.5X for about a month and are very pleased. The only fault we’ve found is that there is more road noise than we’re used to. Ride is smooth and feels solid. It has plenty of power while getting slightly better than 30 mpg on the highway. The 5 speed manual shifts smoothly, although it feels like it could use a sixth gear. The rear seats fold flat, giving tons of cargo space with built-in hooks galore. Love the audio jack in the center console for the iPod, although the console itself is too far back. Under the hood, all fluids you need to be concerned with are clearly marked and the oil filter is right up front on the topside. Can’t wait to try it in the snow!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Subaru Forester in VA is:

$98 per month*